2021 Spring Run Discussion and Signup Thread

Will have a quick chat with Charlie to see what the NB folks are planning & see if there's a possibility of meeting up and roll into Amherst together.
HI Aaron - Charlie and I were chatting the other day about doing the loop around Cape Tormentine again, so one option could be to meet up at the parking lot for oversized vehicles which is one junction down from the bridge. Or a better option could be the Cape Jourimain visitor Centre near the end of the bridge, as they do have toilets.

I guess it was the summer before last.They had a girl in the booth who said you had to pay 6 dollars to go in and use the bathroom.When Bev got the girl to call her supervisor on the phone from the booth she was told it was their policy if you weren't going to shop there you had to pay the admission charge to go in to use the washroom.After some negotiating they let her in but I had to park on the side of the highway until she came out.I haven't gone near Cape Jourimain since.There is a nice gas bar/store down the road.

I guess it was the summer before last.They had a girl in the booth who said you had to pay 6 dollars to go in and use the bathroom.When Bev got the girl to call her supervisor on the phone from the booth she was told it was their policy if you weren't going to shop there you had to pay the admission charge to go in to use the washroom.After some negotiating they let her in but I had to park on the side of the highway until she came out.I haven't gone near Cape Jourimain since.There is a nice gas bar/store down the road.
Wow never heard that one before. It’s definitely not like that now and due to COVID the center is not even open, but there are toilets accessible around the back.

HI Aaron - Charlie and I were chatting the other day about doing the loop around Cape Tormentine again, so one option could be to meet up at the parking lot for oversized vehicles which is one junction down from the bridge. Or a better option could be the Cape Jourimain visitor Centre near the end of the bridge, as they do have toilets.
We will be a having a call just to firm up some of the details for everyone. Yes bathroom breaks are a must. Stay tuned.

In the meantime we are a week away. Weather is looking OK with just a few showers possible out of here but that can change. The 14 say forecast is crapp here for the Moncton area.

Get your name on the list. Should be a good time

So we did most of the route for the New Brunswick group today. Didn't cross the border. Turned around in baie vert. Roads were pretty good for the most part. Cape jour men was open with washroom facilities. The girl at the gate said no charge. So if we plan everything right we should be able to meet up with the PEI crew there. Met Martin along the way. We both had the same spur of the moment idea today I guess. Will firm up details with Martin and Aaron tomorrow. Looking forward to next Saturday.

So we did most of the route for the New Brunswick group today. Didn't cross the border. Turned around in baie vert. Roads were pretty good for the most part. Cape jour men was open with washroom facilities. The girl at the gate said no charge. So if we plan everything right we should be able to meet up with the PEI crew there. Met Martin along the way. We both had the same spur of the moment idea today I guess. Will firm up details with Martin and Aaron tomorrow. Looking forward to next Saturday.
If the weather is good, you can add Serge, Nic and Chantal to the NB group (3 Mustangs)

Update for the PEI crew heading the the MM meet at Taylor Ford in Amherst.

9:30 - Meet at Cornwall Tim's with coffee & fuel ready to go.
9:45 - Depart to meet Western cars at PEI Handpie Company in Albany
10:15 - Meet up with Western Crew
10:30 - Depart Western Handpie Co.
11:00 - Arrive at the St. Germain Visitor Information Center & meet up with NB crew for the remainder of the run into Amherst.

Washroom facilities will be available in St. Germain & the VIC and gift shop are open. The NB crew will be updating their progress along the way & testing the distance for radio coverage as they get near St. Germain.

Anyone with a GMRS radio can bring it along. Program to channel 19 for this run.

Hopefully the weather will make up it's mind (on the favorable side) for Saturday!

Have a great week! Looking forward to meeting everyone and checking out everyone's current, new & modded rides!

Perfect Aaron. Looking forward to the run and meeting up with everyone. I also hope the weather changes. Fingers crossed.
The NB crew plan is still to leave Tim Horton’s in the Champlain Place parking lot for 9:00AM. We will make our way trough the back roads and have a quick stop at the Irving, subway and Tim’s in Cap Pele. A quick washroom break for those who need to and a chance to pick up a sandwich for your lunch if you want to. Then we will make our way to Cape Jourimain to meet up with the PEI crew.

Back