2016 Fall Run.

Hey guys, finally got a chance to post after getting back to the UK and catching up. Michelle and I had an amazing day on the fall run (and our first trip to Canada) and were overwhelmed with the warm welcome we received, the incredible cars and the strong sense of community and friendship in the group!

Our journey to Summerside started at 4am (UK time) on the 16th where we left our house to drop the dogs off - the UK weather was being typical and torrential rain and low visibility put us immediately behind schedule. After further travel issues getting to Heathrow we were seriously worried we'd miss the flight! Somehow we made it...with only minutes to spare!!

We landed at Halifax at about 1:40pm Eastern time, grabbed our bags and then ran to the rental desk - we'd booked a "Ford Mustang convertible or equivalent" and whilst I'd been in contact with their customer service to try and guarantee a Mustang they weren't making any promises...so we were so relieved when they presented us with a beautiful Oxford White 2016 Convertible - its funny how they now sell the Mustang in Right hand drive in the UK but we had to come to Canada to drive one :D

After a bit of paperwork we got the roof down and made our way up to PEI. After a couple of stops (including our first ever Tim Hortons!) we got to Summerside before dark and were delighted to see the row of Mustangs already assembled - yes we were in the right place! We were planning to join you at the restaurant but were shattered and decided it best to call it a night - so apologies for not joining you.

Sat by the window having breakfast the next morning was fun spotting the Mustangs pulling in. We headed outside, got the roof down again and lined up. Thanks for putting the route books together - much appreciated! The whole day was a credit to the detailed planning and everyone involved as it went so smoothly, making it great fun and creating many memories - we'll never forget the sight (and sound) of so many cars in front and in the mirror snaking their way around the island, its great seeing the pics and vids to relive it :)

Perfect opportunities to stop for photos and a chat, great lunch spot and you guys are awesome at keeping a convoy together really made it! We were sad when we had to leave you at the end of the day, but we were only there was a week and had a packed itinerary. We both loved the car and it was really really difficult handing the keys back a week later... :(

At UK fuel prices - equivalent to $1.89 CAN a litre the Mustang was way cheaper to run on our trip than both our Ford Kuga/Escape Diesel and our Ford Focus ST at home and of course the Mustang was way more fun!!

Thanks again and hey, sign us up for next year already :cool:

Glad you could join us, It was a great day and with the help of the Islanders the group was able to stay together. Once plans start for 2017 we will post the date - You are welcome to join in - see you next year!

Glad you had a great time. What a way to see PEI for the first time!! Hopefully you make it back next year and we can cruise around another part of the Maritimes to show you the scenery :)

It was great to meet you both and very happy you had a great trip.
You are certainly welcome on any fall run we do and hope you make next years run.
Planning will start soon very next year. Dates are the same each year:)

Glad you were able to make your flight and join us on our run. Totally understand the stress you must have gone through and finally getting to the hotel after a long day like that I would have probably done the same. Very glad you enjoyed your trip and hopefully you get to make it out again in the future.

Cheers

Also glad you made it across and enjoyed the outing in the Mustang. Your flight west is like flying to British Columbia for us.
Multiple time zones and a long day that doesn't end. You leave in the morning and reach your destination not that much later, local time.
It plays on your biological clock. Hope you do make it out again. Regards from New Brunswick.

Yeah it was for sure. Almost time to plan for next year. Haha

Were to go?? Back to New Brunswick where it all started? Nova Scotia where the first multi day was born? So many wonderful possibilities. No matter where it should be a great time.

Bump. Bump. Where are all the pictures from 2016
Guess it was a good run if people were to busy looking around to grab the camera but I think there are still some more to be posted . Don't forget to get in on the 2017 trip planning. Who know where we will be found next September?

05 gt 5spd;n9778 said:
Bump. Bump. Where are all the pictures from 2016
Guess it was a good run if people were to busy looking around to grab the camera but I think there are still some more to be posted . Don't forget to get in on the 2017 trip planning. Who know where we will be found next September?

I agree, I seen cameras every where, love to see some new pics.
We will soon set up poll for 2017 fall run, share your ideas now.

Back