Road to buidling a 1990 Foxbody LX

Wow!!! Congrats! :D

I honestly can say I'm a bit jealous lol! Love them fox body and would like to eventually be able to build one!! hopefully i'll be able before they are $40k for a roller LOL :p I will have my eyes on your build, very happy for you!! :D

So, Here's some inspiration of what i would do. I'd do a very good handling track monster (suspension galore, big brakes, wide wheels/tires setup), then fiddle that with a good amount of power. The below are videos of Matt Farah's Fox body when he still had it, showing roughly where i have my mind track or canyon carving wise.... Fred actually chucked a rear end picture of that build a page or so ago (license plate THE IRS). Canyon carver with an IRS underpining from the Cobras/Terminators of 99-01 era. Obviously, his mind wasn't exactly a power monster, but here you have a very nice blank canvas on your end for that!!!

I'll be keeping an eye on your progresses, cannot wait to see what you'll finally do with this one!!

I watched his track video, quite cool and did alright for power he had.
Not sure on build, I keep changing my mind.
But with work, and all the other stuff in life, I suspect it will take a few years
to build. When you start adding up costs, it doesn't take long to spend on
something like this, so finding the balance could be tricky :)

Spoke to the other Max this morning, got a text while Gerry, Glenn and I were down checking out his
car and they had a look. I think he might drop by, I am sure he has lots of great ideas as we discussed
a few on the phone.

I look forward to it, but spring is busy and I have to sort out garage before I can start
so expect tear down to start late spring, then get a handle on exactly how good or bad
everything is before I start.

I watched his track video, quite cool and did alright for power he had.
Not sure on build, I keep changing my mind.
But with work, and all the other stuff in life, I suspect it will take a few years
to build. When you start adding up costs, it doesn't take long to spend on
something like this, so finding the balance could be tricky :)

Spoke to the other Max this morning, got a text while Gerry, Glenn and I were down checking out his
car and they had a look. I think he might drop by, I am sure he has lots of great ideas as we discussed
a few on the phone.

I look forward to it, but spring is busy and I have to sort out garage before I can start
so expect tear down to start late spring, then get a handle on exactly how good or bad
everything is before I start.

will have to take time this summer and take a trip down there myself as well ?. Maybe time with the other one hahaha

I leaning towards a pro touring car.
Still have full suspension swap.
upgraded brakes, steering,
Likely roll bar, fuel cell.

new dash and interior.
rear seat delete, better front seats.
4 point harness

Still haven't decided on engine,
but upgraded transmission, rear-end 373 gears. clutch.
aluminum drive shaft.

Body will likely remain mostly stock, except small flares to allow for wider stance
5 bolt conversion, with 11" 305 rears and 10" 295 fronts wheels ( maybe square set up), but leaning towards offset.

Some level of front splitter, upgraded lights.
haven't decided if I want rear wing or not,
but downforce is always good with light car :)

Thats where I am today,
Notice subject to change :)

I leaning towards a pro touring car.
Still have full suspension swap.
upgraded brakes, steering,
Likely roll bar, fuel cell.

new dash and interior.
rear seat delete, better front seats.
4 point harness

Still haven't decided on engine,
but upgraded transmission, rear-end 373 gears. clutch.
aluminum drive shaft.

Body will likely remain mostly stock, except small flares to allow for wider stance
5 bolt conversion, with 11" 305 rears and 10" 295 fronts wheels ( maybe square set up), but leaning towards offset.

Some level of front splitter, upgraded lights.
haven't decided if I want rear wing or not,
but downforce is always good with light car :)

Thats where I am today,
Notice subject to change :)

Love it ..?????

Engine will likely be a 351 windsor block, stroked :)
Fuel injection and will build here, so built to handle serious HP
Normally aspirated but if in future feel the need could turbo or SC :)

302 blocks, especially of that era were not great, the block could crack over
400 to 450 hp regardless of build, so a solid 351 block makes since
keeps engine somewhat affordable.

Knowing this lets me plan suspension know what's going in front end
buy with it made to mount that engine. so again thats the plan
subject to change :ROFLMAO:

Back