07 GT/CS

that being said ( above) fastest and cheapest HP gains.
is proper cold air kit and tune, trip to Pete's dyno
with us next spring, alsways fun and cheapest gains.
small exhaust work will also be affordable.
after this HP gains get pricey, plan well and get good returns on $$$

doing research, knowing end game before starting normally saves big dollars.
From handling to HP, what you want when done. from mild to wild.
plan, research first, will give far better results.

Correct.
JLT series 3 and custom tune great return on investment.

Yes, I have total confidence in BMR.
Well engineered.

I don’t know much about the SN95/New Edge.
I do know that BMR is great on S197.

I think there is a bit of price hike on Maximum Motorsport based on their reputation maybe?

I described this before on other threads, but one example is the relocation brackets for the S197.
The Maximum Motorsports units look beefier and like they are well made.
When in fact, real world use in drag racing reveals the BMR units are way more stout and resist deflection better than the MM units.
The BMR units have an extra point of attachment and are less expensive than MM.

It is likely that same trend applies to your generation car.

You have a 4 link suspension in the rear.
Isn’t it advisable to do all 4 links at same time on those?

Marc,

Thanks for the input. Yes I have read up a bit and from the reviews I think you are bang on that you are paying extra for the name basically.

Yes I have a 4 link, however from what I have read there is no need to change the uppers for what I do with the car. The same that you suggested above for the s197. Not needed. Lowers will make a huge difference from what I hear.

Just struck my mind. I had bad luck with the cloth top from LMR .... something I can better explain in person then here on the forum. Hopefully you'll either make de delayed spring ride OR the fall run!
Top is beautiful and all, but for the keen eyes, something is wrong somewheres fitment wise.

Biggest advise on the top whenever you do change it that I can give you is: if your having it installed by a shop that does it for a living/have a regular supplier they're used of using, use their top! Learned the hard way and will tell you the whole story when we meet (or will narrate through Aaron :p )

Just struck my mind. I had bad luck with the cloth top from LMR .... something I can better explain in person then here on the forum. Hopefully you'll either make de delayed spring ride OR the fall run!
Top is beautiful and all, but for the keen eyes, something is wrong somewheres fitment wise.

Biggest advise on the top whenever you do change it that I can give you is: if your having it installed by a shop that does it for a living/have a regular supplier they're used of using, use their top! Learned the hard way and will tell you the whole story when we meet (or will narrate through Aaron :p )
That’s a good recommendation Max. I did ask the installer what brand top he liked working with - he gave me a 1st choice and a distant 2nd - I quickly got his message and ordered from his first choice supplier.

After a late night(more than one) conversation with Marc and now that the craziness of summer work has slowed down, I have finally started the mod work I’ve been itching to do

mid summer work
-front bumper redone and painted due to some horrendous stone chips
-sun visors redone(thanks to to Florida sun)
-mbrp axle back
-all fluids changed, high volt battery, plugs
-new headlights

Birthday present to me
-Ford performance front and rear sway bars
-Ford performance “P” springs for 1” drop

Black Friday
-Eibach pro damper shocks and struts
-BMR rear lower control arms
-BMR adjustable panhard

I will still need a few small things to finish the suspension(LCA relo brackets, gt500 strut mounts and camber bolts), but I can now see the light at the end of the round-about tunnel!!

thanks again Marc for the help along the way. Now hoping Santa(Aaron) finds me with those additional suspension parts!

Back