Die Cast Model Cars any Scale, all types of Vehicles

Roger You have a "Quality" little collection there.

The Top left 93 SVT Cobra and the 3 on the bottom really Stand Out. (y).

(y)And SVT4MT, John Force has got to me my all time Favorite Drag Racer, like You said, entertaining interviews and lots of personality. He is the Face of Drag Racing.

How about some Die Cast Barn Finds ?

Mint Die Cast Gift Set: Corgi Monte Carlo Rallye No. 38

Jeff Lavery
Jeff Lavery

This desirable Corgi Toys gift set depicts one of the most classic scenes in vintage motorsports: a winter-stage rally event, led by the iconic Mini Cooper and trailed by a Rover 2000 sedan and Citroen DS. When it comes to vintage Corgis, mint-condition examples of the real-life cars enthusiasts hold dear is a good place to start, closely followed by examples that retain their original box and artwork in mint condition. It should come as no surprise, then, that this one is fetching good money here on eBay with bids to $860.00 and no reserve.

I grew up on a steady diet of Corgis, but unfortunately, not from the era that commands the highest prices. These older models, with their rubber-like tires and very faithful decals, are at the height of desirability among collectors. In my opinion, Corgi dominated the 1/43 scale market in the 60s and 70s, building beautiful cars and trucks with much higher levels of detail than its competitors. Not to mention that always tended to favor the vehicles that enthusiasts were either driving, racing, or pining for having in their own garage.

The challenging part of building toy cars with such an emphasis on detail (look at those stickers….and doesn’t the roof look hand-painted?) is that they can look quite haggard when not maintained. And given they were, in fact, toys – many of them were treated as such and few survived in condition like these have. Even the box, with its detailed artwork, makes for a challenging quest to find mint condition pieces. If the boxes were even saved at all, expecting to find one with sharp edges and no color distortion is nothing short of impossible.

Obviously, that’s not the case here, as this rare gift set was apparently owned by a very considerate child or an adult who knew a good thing when he saw it. The Citroen seems to be in the best condition, with few, if any, visible flaws. The cars that competed in Monte Carlo were always darlings of the competition scene, so Corgi knew what it was doing when it put these three models into a box set. With the holidays around the corner, someone is going to go home with an artifact of model car collecting – and for a price that would be a decent down payment on an actual Rover project!

More: Corgi

SHARETWEE

(y)And SVT4MT, John Force has got to me my all time Favorite Drag Racer, like You said, entertaining interviews and lots of personality. He is the Face of Drag Racing.

Yeah would really like to add to it, kinda like that stuff, but some that I am keeping an eye on go for over $200.00-$300.00 range so Roger gonna wait ... lol By the way they make an exact copy of Trevor's car, very cool and of course up there $$$.

I too was a real fan of John Force and watched his T.V. show when running. That is a nice copy of his ride !!

I’m a bit late with this one but don’t you mean The 2000 Cobra R on the top left?

I agree, that one and bottom three are all very desirable and period defining examples.
Nice collection Roger. If you’re only going to have a few, those are a nice few to have.

Last edited:
This is not a die cast per say.
It is a 2015 Mustang made of aluminium.
The horse figure inside just slides in or out.
It displays pretty good on a desk and makes a bit of a conversation piece.
It was part of dealership media packages back in 2014 for the introduction of the then new S550 Mustang and the 50th anniversary celebrations.
Each kit contained 2 of these Mustangs.

ED367C22-2450-441C-8FF8-FAD6211C8994.jpeg

CAF224DA-5EFE-412C-8D72-5E063DAE2864.jpeg

Last edited:
Each kit also contained 2 of these banners.
And several of these large and small posters.
Probably 50 or so of the large posters and hundreds of the small ones.

The small ones came in a package containing all 8 together with the picture and vital stats on one side and a longer history on the back side.

I’ve had all of these laminated to hang them.
For the small ones, I had the front and back sides of two sets laminated side by side to create one poster.

Above the last picture is the complete set of 8 Hot Wheels 50th anniversary collection. Plus a red 2015 at the end.

EEE94AF5-6A5E-415C-813C-48BEE448ACB8.jpeg

904C9D0B-F0BB-4DBF-91D4-D259CB012ADB.jpeg

25AF8FA9-C9CA-4EB8-B567-B14055775CAA.jpeg

61FF5B88-7FE5-40B4-BAB3-540FA2F9D899.jpeg

Back