Die Cast Model Cars any Scale, all types of Vehicles

Very cool, I see where he gets his interest in Law enforcement.......following dad eh ?? lol
Seen on ebay a few days ago that they now make (or it's custom made) 1/18 copies of cruisers with working lights and siren for $200.00/$225.00 can. And there was a copy of an R.C.M.P. one available ....... Xmas is coming .....

One of my favourite Jeff Gordon paint schemes, the Chromalusion paint colour shifts depending on how the light hits it, same as the Mystichrome colour that Ford used on the Terminators. 2001 Monte Carlo 400 at Richmond, I remember watching this night race on TV, car looked awesome.

IMG_1608.jpeg

One of my favourite Earnhardt die cast, and a great Earnhardt moment in time.

Recall the 1997 Daytona 500, Earnhardt comes off turn 2, Gordon goes for the pass, but Earnhardt bumps the wall and gets turned on the backstretch by Dale Jarrett, who got bumped by Ernie Irvan.
IMG_1614.jpeg

Best part was Earnhardt getting out of the car, then shoving the track workers out of the way and getting back in to finish the race.......which Jeff Gordon ended up winning.

Dale Sr was the Man, thanks for posting that clip, really enjoyed watching that. ?
Watched a documentary on the 2001 Daytona 500...his last race. Pretty telling of his popularity and influence on NASCAR when there had been 5 driver deaths earlier in the season and then after his passing and investigation into his death which led to such a dramatic change in safety features at tracks and in cars and equipment. Sad it took the death of an icon to bring that level of awareness to safety.

Two-fer Thursday.....

On the Christmas theme, I'll add these to the list.

IMG_1615.jpeg

Earnhardt shook things up at The Winston All Star race in 2000, running this Peter Max paint job.

IMG_1610.jpeg

I could go forever on this thread, got the collecting bug and bought a lot of die cast back in the 2000's.

Here's two more, another favourite with Gordon's IROC car, which I bought from a die cast store in a mall in Fredericton actually.

IMG_1611.jpeg

1/18th Gordon Signature Edition Monte Carlo SS street car that Chevy produced in 2003.

There was also an all black (of course) Intimidator Monte Carlo SS street version, and a red Jr street version, both of which I have somewhere...I think. lol Or they might have been sold.

IMG_1612.jpeg

Back