1st Annual Maritime Mustang Season Kick Off cruise May 5 th Oxford NS

Hey folks, have to update the Halifax to Oxford run. I ran the route last Friday night and found some very rough road ( even rough in the GMC) nears Parrsboro so that leg is out

I’ll post the new route later tonight

Updated route for those leaving the Halifax - Dartmouth area

Leave Enfield Big Stop / Tims 9:15 am, travel on TCH to exit 10. ( Maitland), travel on route 215 to South Mainland, then 289 to 236 through Glooscap trail to Truro.
Through roundabout, to TCH 102 North, then exit 14a ( Onslow) turn
left on route 4 to Masstown where we will stop for a short ( 15-20 min) coffee recycle stop.
We should arrive Masstown approx 10:25 for those from the Truro / area’s east who want to meet up.

Leave Masstown 10:40 on route 4 - travel though Wentworth Valley
( watch your speed,) a quick jump on the TCH 104 west and we will be at exit 6 Oxford.

Sound ok?

I’ve got an alternate route to the TCH for those interested for the trip back home

more on that later

Big stop to Masstown 65- 70 minutes We should arrive in Masstown about 10:25

Masstown - Oxford 50 minutes on the old road with no stops

Alternate Route home
we could all leave Oxford
Leave Oxford on RT 301 to Port Howe, NB/ PEI gang turn left for an alternate route back to Amherst. - NS gang turn right to RT 6 to Pugwash-(25 min) , continue to Tatamagouche , then take 311. through Nuttby Mountain , back to Truro.I’ll likely take the old #2 Truro to Enfield

2 hours 35 min drive time , I expect there will be a stop or two along the way

hmm might be time for Supper at Bitars or the Big Stop ?

Last edited:
Has anyone been on the sunrise trail Hwy 366 between Port Elgin & Pugwash yet this spring? What kind of shape is it in? Wondering about taking that route back to PEI from Oxford. Don't want the first test drive of the season to be with a string of Mustangs!

my wife is coming, just not sure yet in my car or hers lol.
the baby can't be left that long according to her :)

Mine is planning on attending and I know that Elide's wife is coming as well. I would say a few from Nova Scotia as well. I know a couple from PEI mentioned they were. Bring her along Fred she will not be alone.

Thanks! It's a pretty straight shot to Aulac then Oxford. Was thinking a ride along the coast might be a good way to finish athe day with the MM crew. Tks Gerry but don't go out of your way!

Will have a pilot in the right seat. Wouldn't know when to slow down or hammer the brakes without her!

Back