1st Annual Maritime Mustang Season Kick Off cruise May 5 th Oxford NS

Here's a return option for PEI cars...possibly some NB cars...taking the Sunrise Trail back to Port Elgin.

Thanks to Gerry & Martin for scouting this route out & giving it the thumbs up!

Tim Hortons
4484 Upper Main St, Oxford, NS B0M 1P0

Follow Kolbec Rd/NS-301 N and Sunrise Trail/Tyndal Rd/NS-366 W to Baie Verte Rd
41 min (51.5 km)

Drive to Shemogue Rd/NB-970 N in Port Elgin
10 min (10.9 km)
Port Elgin
New Brunswick

52 min (62.4 km)

Can stop in Port Elgin for canned beer, canned pop & fireworks just like the old days!!

I do the Port Elgin Baie Verte Sunrise Trail to Amherst Cruise a couple of times each summer. A Great Route and as a bonus, a 24 is cheaper in NB now compared to NS and the Island.

I don't know if this will affect anyone for the run

UPDATE / MISE A JOUR

PUBLIC ADVISORY (le francais suit)

The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure advises that Route 2 (Trans Canada Highway) between Moncton and Fredericton WILL be closed to all traffic this evening as water levels continue to rise.

This closure, which WILL OCCUR at approximately 7 p.m., will affect both the eastbound and westbound lanes.

Those travelling between Moncton and Fredericton will be detoured to Route 1 through River Glade and Route 7 at Oromocto.

Those who need to travel between Moncton and Fredericton are urged to do so before the anticipated closure.

Barricades and signage will be in place to guide motorists. Variable message signs at the borders with Quebec, Nova Scotia, PEI and Maine will alert those travelling into New Brunswick of the closure.

Please respect the barricades and check nb511.ca for the latest road closures. Drive with caution in areas where water is over the road.

The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure appreciates the public’s patience as we respond to this flooding event.

AVIS PUBLIC

Le ministère des Transports et de l’Infrastructure informe le public que la route 2 (Transcanadienne) entre Moncton et Fredericton FERMERA ce soir en raison de la montée des eaux.

Cette fermeture, qui AURA lieu vers 19 h, touchera les voies en direction est et ouest.

Les automobilistes circulant entre Moncton et Fredericton devront passer par la route 1 à River Glade et la route 7 à Oromocto.

On demande instamment aux gens qui doivent se déplacer entre Moncton et Fredericton de le faire avant la fermeture prévue.

Des barrages et des panneaux seront en place pour guider les automobilistes. Des panneaux à messages variables aux frontières du Québec, de la Nouvelle-Écosse, de l’Île-du-Prince-Édouard et du Maine informeront les automobilistes qui entrent au Nouveau-Brunswick de la fermeture.

Veuillez ne pas franchir les barrages et consulter nb511.ca pour obtenir les informations les plus récentes sur les fermetures de routes. Conduisez prudemment dans les secteurs où l’eau recouvre la chaussée.

Le ministère des Transports et de l’Infrastructure remercie le public de sa patience pendant qu’il prend des mesures pour faire face à cette inondation.

Oh yes!! Cannot wait for a little cruise again.... around town is getting old quick for me hahaha can’t wait to see everybody

Charlie, I'll text you once we get moving from Cornwall and again from PEI side of the bridge with a final count of PEI cars. Confirming Ch. 10 for radios? See you all tomorrow am!!

OK Great Aaron! Yes as stated above we are aiming for channel 10 for radios. Sounds good. My contact pilot will be on text patrol. Lol

Forecast looking like showers to clear out by daybreak. Might even be a top down cruise at some point tomorrow!

Did everything this week to the car. Just stopped raining here on Moncton. Roads are wet but looks to be clearing up. We will get our stangs a little dirty but it should be a good day just the same. See everybody soon. Drive safe!

Back