1st Annual Maritime Mustang Season Kick Off cruise May 5 th Oxford NS

Going to arrange to meet up by the Confederation Bridge and ride across together. Should pin down a time to meet with the NB cars in Aulac @ Big Stop on the way. Post up on PEI Mustang Club FB page pointing everyone here's for details. Sounds like Howard may not be back from MB in time for the run.

Ok great so a tentative plan would be for the NB group to meet the PEI group for and aprox 10:30 departure from Aulac. We will exchange numbers with Someone from each group in case plans or issues arrise. But we will plan on leaving Moncton for 9 and leaving Aulac at 10:30. If that does not make sense to anyone let me know.

Another setback.Dropped the Mustang off after the car show to get the rear gears fixed.Got a call today to pick it up he can't look at it this week at all even though I booked it 2 weeks ago.Now it's even leaking gear oil.If worse comes to worse I will still show up for the cruise with my daily driver.:(

Dave you need to get a partial refund from this tool of a shop and bring it to someone else. Obviously you are being jerked around and will more than likely end up with a sub par job in the end again. You do not want to screw around with your gears. You will destroy them if you keep driving it.

that sucks, your having a rough time with shops.
Looks like you need a better place. to bad you weren't here.
Any car you bring is fine, just come its all good.

This mechanic is 71 years old and there are only 2 who work there.I trust him with the job but for some reason he took on an engine rebuild and I want him to do it and not the other guy.The gear centre wants close to $1000 to re set it up and there is a two week wait.Since it is now leaking I have no choice but to park it until it is fixed.I should have left it alone in the first place the original gears were like new.It's been sitting outside in heavy rain so I will find out when I pick it up whether the top leaks or not.It may end up on the auction block if this keeps up.

Man that sucks Dave. I am sure I can find tou someone like lst uear that would be more reasonable that to look at them for you. I know it is frustrating

A $1000 is to much and 2 weeks is to long.
You have already been screwed once, now it looks like this lines up as #2
Ford would likely do it for that kind of money.
I am sure someone in that city can do a good job,
for reasonable money and time.

For the PEI crew, a 9:00 at the Cornwall Tim's fueled up & coffee on board for cars Ch'town & East. Meet West cars at Gateway Village parking lot @ 9:30 to form up & make the run across the Confed. Bridge. About a 45 min run to Aulac Big Stop, so a couple of minutes for a pitstop & meet up NB cars for a 10:30 departure. PEI & NB cars should roll in to Oxford for 11:00. It's only 20 days away!

She's back home.Next week we will try again.At 71, 2 complete motor jobs are a lot of work.He says my car isn't a major job ad he quoted 4-500.I already have about $1300 into the gears,what's another $500.Looking at a 2010 Camaro.Ha ha.Wife rolled eyes.

thanks PEI Guy. It looks like each province now has a tentative plan. Looking forward to this run and hopefully mother nature cooperates.

Ok here are the meeting places and partial plans for each of the 3 provinces for the upcoming run. The potential routes are subject to change without notice. If you are planning on joining up at any of the meeting places please arrive on time and fuelled up and ready to roll at the set departure time. We will not be taking any type of roll call so if you show up late we may be gone and you will have to catch up. Also if you decide last minute to join up feel free the more the merrier. We will have Lunch and Coffee in Oxford. There is a Tim’s and subway there or you can bring your own. The plan is to leave Oxford and head back into our separate directions at around 2:00PM give or take. But anyone can leave when they feel they are ready. As always guys this is a fun trip and we would like everyone to drive safe and be responsible.

For the NB crew,

Meet at the Champlain street Tim hortons for 9:00 fuelled up and ready to roll. We will take some back roads depending on conditions and head towards Aulac to meet up with the PEI crew for a 10:30 departure towards Oxford. The plan is to be in Oxford for 11:30.

For the PEI crew,
Meet a 9:00 at the Cornwall Tim's fueled up & coffee on board for cars Ch'town & East. Meet West cars at Gateway Village parking lot @ 9:30 to form up & make the run across the Confed. Bridge. About a 45 min run to Aulac Big Stop, so a couple of minutes for a pitstop & meet up NB cars for a 10:30 departure. PEI & NB cars should roll in to Oxford for 11:00. It's only 20 days away!

Updated route for those leaving the Halifax - Dartmouth area

Leave Enfield Big Stop / Tims 9:15 am, travel on TCH to exit 10. ( Maitland), travel on route 215 to South Mainland, then 289 to 236 through Glooscap trail to Truro.
Through roundabout, to TCH 102 North, then exit 14a ( Onslow) turn
left on route 4 to Masstown where we will stop for a short ( 15-20 min) coffee recycle stop.
We should arrive Masstown approx 10:25for those from the Truro / area’s east who want to meet up.

Leave Masstown 10:40 on route 4 - travel though Wentworth Valley
( watch your speed,) a quick jump on the TCH 104 west and we will be at exit 6 Oxford.

New Brunswick
1. Charlie
2. Fred
3. Maxime A.
4. Todd
5. Martin (Maybe)
6. Phil
7. Dave and Bev
8. Dana
9. Mike (Molly)
10. Mike
11. Lorne

Pei
1. Aaron
2. Howard
3. Paul
4. Malcolm
5. Shane
6. Alan and Valerie

Nova Scotia
1. Trevor
2. Sharon
3. Bill
4. Gerry
5. Jason
6. Lisa
7. Paul and Gina
8. Shaendra

I should be able to do a test run from Dieppe through Memramcook-Sackville-Dorchester in the coming week (not in my Mustang) to check for road conditions. I will post my feelings on the condition of the road here.

That would be awesome Fred Thanks. I was trough Memramcook a few weeks ago it was not to bad but could have been better. I would like you to take the tail if you do not mind Fred on our run from Moncton if you want to. Let me know I want it to be someone that had been trough those roads a few times and I know you have.

Just did the run from Dieppe to Aulac. I would avoid Cat Tail Ridge, back way out of Sackville to TCH as there were unpaved patches. Following 106 along Main Street thru Sackville would be better. But besides that section the rest was as good as could be expected, no craters, just some bumps. I'm fine with taking up the rear, but keep in mind the variations in the speed limits, anything from 90 down to 50. And 1.5 hours from Dieppe to Aulac is bang on. Traveling as a group, perfect time estimate.

Well that is good news. Thanks for the update. So jumping on the highway in Sackville would be the plan. Kind of what I was thinking. I have not been the CatTail way as you call in in years. Great thanks for taking the tail. Good to know time estimate is good as we all know with a group it can be a little tricky. I would say our first real stop would be Aulac.

Back