World Juniors

Always have to watch out for Russia. In my opinion Canada got a break playing them in the first game of the tournament. Russia is notorious for slow starts and then heating up as the tournament progresses. So that win was a key one for Canada and could play huge in first place which comes with an easier path to the semi finals.

Last edited:
I agree, no gimmes's any team that makes it into 2nd round is a threat.
With one and done format, be a little off and its over. Take a team lightly
they will bury you. You have to play hard every game.
Watching some of the best kids on the planet makes for great hockey.

Not a good game last night against the US. But if you are going to lose and get a wake up call, better to have it happen now than in the playoff games. Didn't really have any impact. Only thing it did decide is if Canada and Sweden win their quarters then he two will meet which isn't exactly fantastic. Time to pull up the big boy pants and get er done.

Canada vs Chech
Russia vs Denmark
Sweden vs Slovakia
USA vs Swiss

too true, as long as we beat them when it really counts they can have the mean nothing game :)

Wasn't pretty but they got away a quarter final win 5-3. They just don't seem to be the same team last couple of games. Gonna have to step it up against Sweden if they want to play for gold. After the 6th place finish last year, bright side is we will be playing for some type of medal.

Most disappointing thing last night was Montreal. A ton of empty seats at the arena and booed the team off the ice at the end of the first.

Seems like the same thing that has plagued them last several years.
Mediocre goaltending.

Hab fans expect you to compete hard, they know there hockey and won't except less.
Considering what we as fans pay for it today, they are right. You don't always have to win,
but you must compete hard, always !

Yeah they pulled that win off but had to work for it.

I have been to a Montreal game as well as a Toronto game that the fans booed the home team. Not sure why anyone would ever do that?

NHL players sure. Boo away since they get paid millions I don't feel bad for them. No reason to boo a bunch of kids. These guys are teenagers in a pressure cooker situation as it is so just support them. Even if they dont really deserve it lol.

USA wins over Russia, to go to gold medal game. What a hockey game, one of those ones
sad to see someone lose, went to shoot out. ( I hate shoot outs) Especially in games that mean something.

Canada plays Sweden tonight to see who goes for gold against US and who plays for Bronze against Russia,

WoW some impressive hockey, First the USA- Russia game, none stop action with US taking in 7th round of shoot out.
Then Canada, Sweden, Canada plays amazing, starting goalie not so much, pulled after 2 goals on 3 shots. Hart comes in and plays a great game.
Canada winning to advance to Gold Medal game to day against US.
Sweden and Russia play for Bronze this afternoon.

Well that was a tuff game, with two, 2 goal leads in the game to lose is not easy.
TO lose in a shoot out, just plain SUCKS, I don't like a game of this importance even going to a shoot out.
A team sport, should be decided by the team, not individuals!
That said it was a great game and as always world Jrs. is some of the best hockey you will ever watch.

Back