World Juniors

Watch it every year but this is probably the first year I"m not sure who even got invited to the camp. One player to watch in the tournament is Nico Hischier of the Mooseheads. Going to play for the Swiss but he's ranked #3 in the NHL draft this summer. I've seen him play once this year (so far) and he's a wicked player. Buddy of mine has watched 3 Moose games so far this year and he has 16 points in the 3 games he's seen. As a rookie he sits tied for second overall in the league in points and 4th in goals.

I don't anyone either, but like all tournaments we will know a few at the end.
WJ have away of making a few guys stars. The hockey is so good, we will see future NHL Stars
From many different countries.

They looked ok. Took a lot of penalties though which is gonna hurt them against the better teams. Finland was soooo good last year and you can tell that they just aren't gonna have it this time. That's what happens when your top 3 guys graduate to the big leagues.

WJ are always interesting because young players come and go.
Always will be a star or two no one expected.
As always our expectations are, Gold is all we will except.
Tough on the team, but normal for Canada.
I know very little about this team, I played hockey last night, so didn't see
game. Looking forward to tournament.

Canada won the 3 preliminary games. The Swiss gave them a good run.
Going to overtime. Now the real games start.
Looking forward to Canada vs Russia on Boxing day.
Always a great game.

Canuck166;n10905 said:
Watch it every year but this is probably the first year I"m not sure who even got invited to the camp. One player to watch in the tournament is Nico Hischier of the Mooseheads. Going to play for the Swiss but he's ranked #3 in the NHL draft this summer. I've seen him play once this year (so far) and he's a wicked player. Buddy of mine has watched 3 Moose games so far this year and he has 16 points in the 3 games he's seen. As a rookie he sits tied for second overall in the league in points and 4th in goals.

He was the best one on the ice last night.

Yeah no kidding. Great hands and feet. Canada did not do well with that lead. Will be interesting once the real games start as they never faced much of a pushback until last nights game.

Russia is a good test. Not an easy way to start off the tournement but should give us an indication as to how good this team is. Back to Canada vs USA on New Year's Eve......or afternoon I guess it will be. Figured they would have as an evening game so those throwing parties can put it on while having a few brew....oh well.

I actually got to see it south of the border. Saw the last 1 1/2 period. The russians got out played, but their size may help them. Can't count them out until the final horn blows.

Back