Where Can I find the Daytime Running Light module on my 2002 GT?

GRIFF

Lookin' for help finding my DRL module. Daytime running lights quit working last week. Checked the fuse and it is goo so I am assuming it is the relay module that gave up. After spending the afternoon on either on my back or under the hood looking for the DRL I had no luck finding it! :( I am hoping someone here knows where to find it and/or has a shop manual for a 99-2004 GT that can look it up for me? Or a link to a diagram would be great too! Thanks in advance!

I believe it is under the front bumper on the drivers side.It only came on Canadian Mustangs.It should look like this picture.
View attachment 40213View attachment 40214
Thanks for the image. I have a better idea of what I am looking for. The diagram helps as well. I did spend a lot of time this afternoon on my back looking under there and did not see it though. Maybe luckier tomorrow! My concern is my car is a US build but it had the DRL working until recently. Perhaps someone added an after market setup installed in a different spot!

Thanks for the image. I have a better idea of what I am looking for. The diagram helps as well. I did spend a lot of time this afternoon on my back looking under there and did not see it though. Maybe luckier tomorrow! My concern is my car is a US build but it had the DRL working until recently. Perhaps someone added an after market setup installed in a different spot!
If your vehicle was us built with MPH it more then likely got the upgrade when it got imported into Canada as that is one of the requirements. Usually performed by a garage like Canadian tire so it may well not be in that same location and an aftwrmarket device of some sort.

If your vehicle was us built with MPH it more then likely got the upgrade when it got imported into Canada as that is one of the requirements. Usually performed by a garage like Canadian tire so it may well not be in that same location and an aftwrmarket device of some sort.
So may be a ghost in the machine type exercise!

Found it! I had been lead down the garden path from information someone posted in another Mustang forum that said the cars built for the US market and the CDN market used the same wiring harness, so all you had to do was to add the DRL module. I assumed that was what was done to my US car. After carefully looking at the harness ends (following the diagram provided by 02yellowgt) I determined that my harness had no extra pigtail that could have been used for the DRL -- US build wiring harness is different! :( . So the DRL I have must have been an aftermarket install when it was brought into Canada (as 2001BlackGTvert suggested). So on to crawling into the front seat and looking under the dash. Tucked up under the dash is what appears to be a black relay with wiring spliced into the car's wiring! Pretty sure that must be it! :) It appears to have an overheated terminal...likely the source of failure. Now on to installing a replacement! Thanks for the input guys! Much appreciated!

Found it! I had been lead down the garden path from information someone posted in another Mustang forum that said the cars built for the US market and the CDN market used the same wiring harness, so all you had to do was to add the DRL module. I assumed that was what was done to my US car. After carefully looking at the harness ends (following the diagram provided by 02yellowgt) I determined that my harness had no extra pigtail that could have been used for the DRL -- US build wiring harness is different! :( . So the DRL I have must have been an aftermarket install when it was brought into Canada (as 2001BlackGTvert suggested). So on to crawling into the front seat and looking under the dash. Tucked up under the dash is what appears to be a black relay with wiring spliced into the car's wiring! Pretty sure that must be it! :) It appears to have an overheated terminal...likely the source of failure. Now on to installing a replacement! Thanks for the input guys! Much appreciated!
The joy of buying cars that someone else has worked on.

Yeah unfortunately some places do not always follow the rules. As long as it had the module installed somewhere and it work the safety inspection would have passed. Hopefully you have found the source and get it retified

Yeah unfortunately some places do not always follow the rules. As long as it had the module installed somewhere and it work the safety inspection would have passed. Hopefully you have found the source and get it retified
Will have to remove this one and get a replacement unit. Or just keep remembering to pull the light switch every time i drive!

Back