What Is Happening?

One other observation. Before covid, Mustang sales dropped 40% between 2015 - 19. To connect this to the 2024 Mustang, maybe they need all the high tech features and modern styling to attract the 20 - 45 year old consumer. In any case Ford, GM and Dodge look to be in trouble in this sector. I'm shocked.

And just a general rise in quality on other cars takes away from the experience of owning a modern muscle car. Once upon a time, the only way you could get HP and torque was to buy a muscle car, now you can get that in most cars. Plus, IMO muscle cars are not much different in looks than other cars.

Just googled it. Japanese domestic market. Well, if you go back to my craft beer rant, maybe there's a connection? The guys and gals who like craft beer would rather buy the Subaru BRZ? Are we a dieing breed of people who like commercial beers and the original muscle car?

If it's anything like the F150, I'd be curious to see the same charts tracking the rise in the base prices.

Covid and availability are definitely a factor, plus toys are the first to go when money gets tight.

Everything is costing more, I'm not surprised to see those numbers, but they're irrelevant if you've got a Mustang and enjoy it.

I actually think it isn't cyclical but it's an evolution. If you look at cars over the past fifty years, we have evolved, and in some cases that evolution involves the elimination of certain cars and car brands. If you don't stay current or futuristic you will die. I'm not saying I like it, but it is what it is. Dodge just came out with a Dodge Charger EV muscle car that's faster than the Demon. Ford will have to follow.

True story, if the brand hadn't evolved, we might not be here having this discussion today.

As much as some enthusiasts hated the Mustang II, it was essential to keeping the brand viable.

It kind of ties in with the other thread discussion on the future of the brand, you could almost merge the two.

If it's anything like the F150, I'd be curious to see the same charts tracking the rise in the base prices.

Covid and availability are definitely a factor, plus toys are the first to go when money gets tight.

Everything is costing more, I'm not surprised to see those numbers, but they're irrelevant if you've got a Mustang and

Back