Tud0r's project 66 - 6F09K

Tud0r

The car was purchased by the original owner in Toronto in 1966, spending most of its life in the Maritimes. It was last driven in 1974, was in a barn for the past 45+ years. I am the 2nd owner, it has never been restored, taken apart or even painted.

Factory 4 speed, don't know if it is top loader or t10 yet since it us a very early 66. I just haven't looked. Colour is Vintage Burgundy.

It needs almost everything from the doorhandles down except rockers. The car is not sagging, doors click shut almost like new. I am lucky to have many NOS sheetmetal pieces for it.

I hope to take it back to original factory specs using as few aftermarket parts as possible. We will se how that goes.

Main reason for reaching out is the engine, its a numbers matching K code and I need some advice on engine builders around these parts who know this particular engine. Plus although I have been around classic cars and hot rods all my life, I don't know many Mustang owners.

It will be a multi year project

I'm curious how many K code Mustangs are in the maritimes. If you have one give me a shout.

20230706_145034.jpg20230706_144745.jpg20230706_144629.jpg

That will be one helluva project, kudos to you on restoring that beaut!

It always blows my mind how some can let a car sit for so long, almost forgotten about.
It's sometimes hard to let things go thar mean a lot to you and more difficult to trust someone else with that same thing.

In this case the previous owner had intentions of doing the restoration but time has this uncanny ability to melt away.

There are many project cars still out there hiding in barns.

I live in SE NB

and have heard about Armstrong Built Motors in NS

A Gentleman I know owned a nice 67 Mustang Fast Back that had an Armstrong Built 289 with a High Rise Intake Manifold and Twin 4 Barrels that dynoed at 375 HP, it worked great, NS members may know more about them.

I live in SE NB

A Gentleman I know owned a nice 67 Mustang Fast Back that had an Armstrong Built 289 with a High Rise Intake Manifold and Twin 4 Barrels that dynoed at 375 HP, it worked great, NS members may know more about them.
Armstrong builds are great, those boys are getting long in the tooth
not sure if they are still going, I do know a guy who can build you and engine
in Dartmouth if you have a need.

Armstrong's are very well known for building great engines, they are still going. My brother in law is having them build a 318 for him. I have not been in touch with them yet.

The 289 HIPO is a bit if an anonymity, so not many around. Hoping to find a local shop with experience with this specific engine and maybe an owner of a K code who had good experiences with a builder

Who is the builder in Dartmouth Ohtobbad?

I live in SE NB

Do you know if it was a HIPO 289?, I assume not as it would be ultra rare in a 67. Lucky guy if it is, a 67 hipo is a true unicorn.

Armstrong's are very well known for building great engines, they are still going. My brother in law is having them build a 318 for him. I have not been in touch with them yet.

The 289 HIPO is a bit if an anonymity, so not many around. Hoping to find a local shop with experience with this specific engine and maybe an owner of a K code who had good experiences with a builder

Who is the builder in Dartmouth Ohtobbad?
Mike Macdonald, Macdonald Automotive,
he can build anything, has several cars to rpove it,
works on a bandelaro car for daughter and also
a legend and a super late model.

Also he did most of work including engine from Nova Scotia Mustang clubs car.

Back