Tracking down a previous owner

Sjacobsuk

Looking for a bit of help. I am in the UK and am looking at a 1966 fastback that was imported to the uk about 3-4 years back. I was told the car came from Toronto but it has a NB mustang club sticker still in the window. I suspect someone will remember this car as whoever did the restoration was very detailed. To the point they replaced the stickers on the trunk lid for example. This car is white with blue stripes and (I think) is a pretty accurate 350 replica. Has the 289 engine with a number of upgrades, hurst shifter and the speedo shows about 49k miles. Example upgrades would be a top end oil cooler.

I don't have the serial numbers from the car but would like to get some history before buying.

Anyone with any ideas please ping me back either here on the forum or via email on [email protected].

Thanks for any leads! Scott jacobs. +44 7977131one61

Welcome to Maritime Mustang.com, your our 2nd UK member :)
If you can post some pics of car, it might help someone remember the car.

Cool. Hopefully someone on here can help out or knows the car. Doesn't ring a bell to me but someone might be able to track down some info.

Welcome to the site!!

Good morning Scott,

Sounds like a pretty nice looking ride. I was trying to get you the contact.info for the nb central mustang club however their website gas not been updated since 2011. There are a few on here that are members so maybe they will be able to get you some info.

Also if you are on Facebook there is a new page that was started this summer based in nb called "vintage mustang despite meet" that may be a good place post. If you cannot find it let me know. Good luck

Sjacobsuk;n11786 said:
Looking for a bit of help. I am in the UK and am looking at a 1966 fastback that was imported to the uk about 3-4 years back. I was told the car came from Toronto but it has a NB mustang club sticker still in the window. I suspect someone will remember this car as whoever did the restoration was very detailed. To the point they replaced the stickers on the trunk lid for example. This car is white with blue stripes and (I think) is a pretty accurate 350 replica. Has the 289 engine with a number of upgrades, hurst shifter and the speedo shows about 49k miles. Example upgrades would be a top end oil cooler.

I don't have the serial numbers from the car but would like to get some history before buying.

Anyone with any ideas please ping me back either here on the forum or via email on [email protected].

Thanks for any leads! Scott jacobs. +44 7977131one61

The NB Mustang Club has been inactive for over 5 years now. If the sticker is from the Central New Brunswick Mustang Owner's Club, I may be able to help you as I am a member of that club.

Here is a pick of the Club sticker on my car.

If it is the same one, you could e mail me some photos of the car and I could circulate same to club members to see if it jogs their memories.

If it was the sticker for the inactive club, I am sending you a Private Message with the name and Phone number of a Gentleman who belonged to that club.

Could be from the former Moncton club too...
15965209_10155144328784384_8145700074299261258_n.jpg

Last edited:
I'm surprised.....I thought a club in Moncton would do pretty well. Although I'd not go with another name so those outside the city would feel welcome. But I guess it was really the NB Mustang Club and Moncton chapter?? Just by looking at the award Marcel posted.

Yeah I have been approached a few times by a member of the Central Mustang Club that would like to start one up and wants me to get involved. I think we may see one at some point in the near future. Been more chatter about it in the last bit.

Great club - to have 3 responses in the first hour on a sunday morning!

mustang1.jpg
mustang2.jpg

Here's a couple of photos of the car. It's a shelby "tribute" with all the cobra equipment. Engine bay very tidy. They tell me it didn't come with the front chrome, so whoever did the work left the front bumper off. Other distinguishing features - the rear brake air scoops are cosmetic only, still has the vents (vs. qtr windows), many stickers are either original or were re-applied after restoration. Discs up front. Oil Cooler and upgraded filters.

Thanks for the photo of the club decal - but that's not the one. Looks more like Moncton. Also think it said St Johns on the bottom?

Scott

Could be Moncton but it has been defunct for a awhile now. I know when I got my car in 07 they still had a website. Tried to get a hold of someone but never heard back. Tried searching for a logo but nothing that I could find. The St Johns you refer to is a little deceiving as that spelling would be Newfoundland not in New Brunswick which is St.John about an hour and 15 minutes out side of Moncton.

WOW, one of my dream cars. Very cool if you can get it.
Now starting to command big money, if if not original.
Still super cool.

He did sign up here, but hasn't been here in awhile,
someone could send him a message, I might have his e-mail
somewhere, will look later today.

No Title

02 yellowgt - That is indeed the car! Giveaway was the Grille, the quarter roof vents and the rear brake vents (which are cosmetic only). Well spotted.

Any ideas on how I might get in contact with the owner? There's a guy in a baseball hat sitting right behind the car in the typical owners position if that spur's anyone's memory.

I can't seem to access any more details out of the link.

​Really appreciate your efforts.

​Scott

Attachments

• photo1198.jpg
    photo1198.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 0
Back