Track photos

It reminds me somewhat of Laguna Seca's Monterey Historic race's in 2012 celebrating the Cobra's 50th anniversary. I presume this Goodwood event was celebrating the Mustangs 60th.
Certainly looks like it.

I have been to other races there and there are usually various Mustangs in the historic racing, but not a whole field like that.
Always love to see the Mustangs and Galaxies vs the Minis, Lotus Cortinas etc such an interesting battle.

Wow that was so cool, Not sure if any of you watched the whole thing, but you should.
incredible how hard some of these guys were going, most of last half sideways in turns, few bumps a crash,
and listen to annoucncers and some of the racing legends driving these Mustangs.

Wicked cool, thanks for finding and sharing.:love:

Announcers at the beginning said it was the Ken Miles cup.
Unknown if it was first time or if annual event.
Good question, but I expect it was part of the celebration of the Mustang's 60th and a one time event. It would be extremely hard to get that many classic Mustang's especially with racing providence, together on an annual basis..
Like the Cobra's 50th celebrated week in Monterey, Carmel, the Quail, Pebble beach Concours d' Elegance, and the Monterey Historics races at Laguna Seca, it was assumed it would be the one and only time that there would be the largest gathering of that many original Cobras in history. It was an a huge undertaking, and extremely expensive for many of the owners not living in N. America. Who knows, maybe the Cobra's 100th will attract a large gathering, but sadly I won't be around to find out.:(

Certainly looks like it.

I have been to other races there and there are usually various Mustangs in the historic racing, but not a whole field like that.
Always love to see the Mustangs and Galaxies vs the Minis, Lotus Cortinas etc such an interesting battle.
I love multiple's class cars all racing together at the same time.
That was the norm for me at the old Westwood racing circuit. (which was the first road race course in Canada). They were always exciting races. I expect these multi-class races were the main means of allowing the BC Sports Car Club members more opportunity to get more time out on the track.

461519700_552735203780361_7635263207095584918_n.jpg

I love multiple's class cars all racing together at the same time.
That was the norm for me at the old Westwood racing circuit. (which was the first road race course in Canada). They were always exciting races. I expect these multi-class races were the main means of allowing the BC Sports Car Club members more opportunity to get more time out on the track.
Very cool, and Stirling Moss as well!

Back