Thought of the day.

Interesting article
That is a really good article, and it clearly reflects what I have noticed in the last few years.
Facebook has so many downfalls, it can never replace a good car forum in my opinion. Unfortunately it is still taking it's toll on them. A forum's continued success depends on it's loyal members to keep it going.
Thankfully this group has many loyal supporters, I remember when this forum first started, it took awhile for it to get rolling. Many members joined when the other Canadian Mustang forum was on it's way out, but it still wasn't very active. You would sometimes see several days go by without a new post. Now there are new posts everyday. Post subject matter is wide ranging, technical matters, humorous, amusing, and sometimes thought provoking. Keep up the good work!

This place survives only if the members use it, Facebook can have its place,
Great for quick information release etc, but try and find something a month later,
Forums tend to be better base for long term input, info and some history of
fixes, events etc.

WHen it comes to what we do, I prefer the Forum, easier to interact
with folks about what we are doing, events all while having other
threads with other conversations.

Having a wide variety of topics gives more people more options
to express thier own personality beyond the Mustang world.

Lets hope folks enjoy enough to keep coming back.

Being involved with the inner workings of Mustang Canada back in the day, it suffered from the usual keyboard cowboys and internet trolls, but no different from the GTA Mustang forum or any others. Unfortunate people choose to be like that. There were internal politics that ended Mustang Canada as well, but thats another story. For all the bad, there were some enthusiasts on there that I genuinely liked.

Having been on this forum for six years now, I suspect the .....ahem....older demographic helps it to be such a great spot and I would even go so far as to say that being predominantly East Coast folks doesn't hurt either, but I'm biased. lol

Stalkerbook is another deal altogether.

Is the Maritime Mustang Facebook group related to this forum in some way?
Is this the same one that has been around for a few years? I think it was public at one time as I recall posting on it a few years ago, but see it is now private, and you need to join it to read the posts.

Being involved with the inner workings of Mustang Canada back in the day, it suffered from the usual keyboard cowboys and internet trolls, but no different from the GTA Mustang forum or any others. Unfortunate people choose to be like that. There were internal politics that ended Mustang Canada as well, but thats another story. For all the bad, there were some enthusiasts on there that I genuinely liked.

Having been on this forum for six years now, I suspect the .....ahem....older demographic helps it to be such a great spot and I would even go so far as to say that being predominantly East Coast folks doesn't hurt either, but I'm biased. lol

Stalkerbook is another deal altogether.
Thanks I think wait are you saying we are old :unsure:

Is the Maritime Mustang Facebook group related to this forum in some way?
Is this the same one that has been around for a few years? I think it was public at one time as I recall posting on it a few years ago, but see it is now private, and you need to join it to read the posts.
We created a new page, it is a group, and yes its private,
difference being " As I have been told and leanred "
Group allows you to ppost as you wish once we accpet you of course.
the Page only allowed you to repsond to our posts, this is a facebook thing

how to tell it apart on Facebook

Page Maritimemustang.com

Group Maritimemustang.ca

Back