Thought of the day.

Ha, the Maverick!
It didn’t excite me nearly as much as the Mach so never thought to take any pics. ?

But we have had one now for going on two weeks.
An XLT with the 2.0 and the 4K tow package.
I think all 2.0 are AWD by default.
Ours is orange with black alloy wheels.

I’ll post next week.

Two things here for me today.
Didn't take a picture the other day driving her into storage, so when I aired up the tires/disconnected the battery today, took a quick one. Good night to her, I guess ... ?

View attachment 49390

And then because I am curious and wanted to see one in the flesh since the launch date, scooted by the local Ford dealership to see if they had yet any Maverick in their hands. And sure enough, a customer ordered (XL base model, 2.0 AWD, 4K tow package) was there and the sale person was going to fuel it up. Was able to get a few pictures next to my current work truck ( german work truck? ?) as a comparison.
There a way to wave a magic wand to get one into my hand? perfect truck for someone in the office like me that needs a truck for like, one load a year haha.
I love the size format to be honest, and plenty of room inside ( I am 6'3'' and plenty of room).

View attachment 49391View attachment 49392View attachment 49393View attachment 49394View attachment 49395View attachment 49396
I think these will be very popular. Like you said , people that don't need a truck but want a truck for that couple times a year they need an open back for yard work, camping, carrying home reno stuff . The size, utility, price and gas mileage should appeal to quit a few ..

I have a suggestion.

The photo contest winners used to be highlighted at the top of the home page.

I suggest we go back to doing that instead of burying the photo half way down the page.

First, all our contest winners are great shots.
Kevin’s latest winner is a prime example of that.
Having such nice and captivating photos at top of page will grab more attention from site visitors.

Let’s face it, cyber space is a highly visual space. More about pictures and quick glances than reading content in depth.

Plus it would be a more significant way to recognize contest winners by having the photos at top of the page.
Kind of welcome ambassadors of the site.

I have a suggestion.

The photo contest winners used to be highlighted at the top of the home page.

I suggest we go back to doing that instead of burying the photo half way down the page.

First, all our contest winners are great shots.
Kevin’s latest winner is a prime example of that.
Having such nice and captivating photos at top of page will grab more attention from site visitors.

Let’s face it, cyber space is a highly visual space. More about pictures and quick glances than reading content in depth.

Plus it would be a more significant way to recognize contest winners by having the photos at top of the page.
Kind of welcome ambassadors of the site.
Hey Marc,
thanks for your input. We always apreciate members input and suggestions. I agree it used to be like that with the other platform and then we switched and it got laid out a bit differently. That being said I think it is important as well that we showcase our members winning photos as best as we can. I have flipped it to the the top of the page. Let me know what you think. It definitly atracts your attention and forces you to see it and scroll down.

Hey Marc,
thanks for your input. We always apreciate members input and suggestions. I agree it used to be like that with the other platform and then we switched and it got laid out a bit differently. That being said I think it is important as well that we showcase our members winning photos as best as we can. I have flipped it to the the top of the page. Let me know what you think. It definitly atracts your attention and forces you to see it and scroll down.
I like it being there also. Need to try harder now in the contests.. Ha ha.

Should the photo be visible to anyone hitting the page or only if a member logged in? I see this when browsing anonymous.

Page.JPG

I like it being there also. Need to try harder now in the contests.. Ha ha.

Should the photo be visible to anyone hitting the page or only if a member logged in? I see this when browsing anonymous.

View attachment 49449
Umm I know that certain photos are not visible unless you are a member. I will look at the settings to see if I can tweek that one.

Looks great!
It’s what I had in mind.

And you know, if we want to keep the page vibrant with visuals, I think it would be OK to also have a photo half way down the page.
Where the winner used to be.

It could be the previous contest winner.
So the winning photo slides down the page at the subsequent contest.

Or it could be the runner up photo of any given contest.
Like I said, they are all quality photos with tight races, so maybe we can highlight the top two of a given contest.

Winner at top and runner up a bit lower.

We do not have many conditions to be a member, most can ready anything
without being a member, to comment or see photos, you need to be a member.
So not logged in, gives a different look as well.

Charlie will mess with it and see what he can figure out.
Remember we as members know its a forum
, we want to make sure new folks know they found the right place :)

Hey Everyone,
I had a chat with Phil and he found a solution so that the image will appear if you are logged in or not. I just need to change the way I save them in the future. Easy fix. There will still be content or images you cannot see unless you are a member. So that should work. I have moved it back to the top.

Back