Thought of the day.

Days are getting slightly warmer and longer, Mustang season is coming up and international Mustang Day is just around the corner. Let's hope that covid keeps minimizing and vaccines keep coming, so we can at least get our Atlantic Bubble back open to do take in some day trips, cruises, and car shows

With the good weather coming up, this kind of activity will soon be with the Mustang again. Had to try the new pressure washer hose, gun and wand yesterday afternoon, on something! Just Sad it wasn't my own car I guess, now I'm jealous of her clean car ?? For anyone wondering, P&S Pearl Auto Shampoo was used. So far loving that stuff.

IMG_4477[1].JPGIMG_4480[1].JPG

With the good weather coming up, this kind of activity will soon be with the Mustang again. Had to try the new pressure washer hose, gun and wand yesterday afternoon, on something! Just Sad it wasn't my own car I guess, now I'm jealous of her clean car ?? For anyone wondering, P&S Pearl Auto Shampoo was used. So far loving that stuff.

View attachment 43942View attachment 43943
Do you still hand wash it or does the foam clean by itself?

Do you still hand wash it or does the foam clean by itself?
Depends on how dirty the car is.

Yesterday for example, foamed it as you see in the picture, left the foam run down for a couple of minutes, to bring with it all the loose dirts that would still be on the paint the rinsing down didn't get. I then rinsed it all away and proceeded with the typical handwashing with the two buckets method. Some people let the soap run, do not rinse it out and proceed with cleaning with the mitt directly through the foam. I've done that as well on several occasions. Depends on the car dirtiness factor for me.
Sometimes, where car is only dusty from 25-30kms in two for example, it would lift the dirt for you, but usually not entirely. It is just another step in the process to ensure a scratch free finish (as most of the scratches/swirls on a car occurs when we touch them as we wash).

I cannot lie that it's quite satisfying to do and watch :D

Back