Thought of the day.

Another Dodge bites the dust.30 kms outside of Edmundston today the Ram started to vibrate bad and by the time I started to pull over to the side of the road there were drive shafts bearings and half a transfer case all over the road.Travelling back to Moncton by Uhaul in the morning.At least they are Fords.

It belongs to Ambulance New Brunswick.I had a Paramedic supervisor pick me and the trailer up and the poor truck was towed to the Dodge dealer.I am thinking of maybe coming up next week with a car trailer and towing it back to Moncton.
Update it won't fit on a uhaul car carrier.

Last edited:
The police were nice enough to pull us over and point out we needed a new tire.2 and a half hours later we were back on the road and home around 6pm.Worked 22 hours in two days and back out first thing Tuesday morning.

Another Dodge bites the dust.30 kms outside of Edmundston today the Ram started to vibrate bad and by the time I started to pull over to the side of the road there were drive shafts bearings and half a transfer case all over the road.Travelling back to Moncton by Uhaul in the morning.At least they are Fords.
Found the cause of the transfer case failure.
  • Problem Description​

The transfer case in the Dodge Ram 2500 has multiple gear ratios, which can be selected by moving the switch in the cabin to 2Hi, 4Hi, or 4Lo. It has been known to shift to 4Lo without warning, at any speed, and whether the vehicle is on or off. If this occurs at highway speeds, the result can be catastrophic failure of the transfer case.
    This is caused by a faulty four wheel drive shift motor, selector switch (in the cab) or the wiring between the two. The most common cause is the transfer case switch, which is an electric motor mounted on the transfer case.
    To correct the issue, inspect the wiring to the transfer case switch motor for damage, and replace the shift motor if needed. Disconnecting power to the shift motor will lock the transfer case in its current setting.

Back