Thought of the day.

According to latest word from the province -NO DRIVING except for minimal essentials -
At this point it is being said and suggested, but not a rule yet. No enforcement was planned.
Police even came out with statement saying no vehicle's are being stopped or checked.
Where as some other provinces are doing this.

I guess it depends on how you wish to look at it or respond.
Aaron made a joke, but they didn't close liquor stores in NS
because they were worried about the medical issues and the mental health issues.

I have used cars and bikes for years to reduce stress and unwind.
No medical ( I don't think) But going for drives has been an outlet
for best part of my life.

At this point it is being said and suggested, but not a rule yet. No enforcement was planned.
Police even came out with statement saying no vehicle's are being stopped or checked.
Where as some other provinces are doing this.

I guess it depends on how you wish to look at it or respond.
Aaron made a joke, but they didn't close liquor stores in NS
because they were worried about the medical issues and the mental health issues.

I have used cars and bikes for years to reduce stress and unwind.
No medical ( I don't think) But going for drives has been an outlet
for best part of my life.

Yeah they started issuing tickets this weekend for people in vehicles with not the same address in NB. Heard of a few roadblocks. Targeting the younger generation by the sounds of it. I agree with the reasoning behind it but some cops may go overboard with the power on this one. I know the wife and I went for a drive yesterday for the first time in over 2 weeks. It was nice to get out with no set destination. Helped clear the head.

Spoke to former colleague yesterday.
He was on his way to work the check-stop on TCH at Quebec border.
He says Public Safety running the show.
Police there to deter escalation, intercept people who may ignore directions and Criminal offences, if any.
Public safety turning people around that have no business.
Transports uninterrupted.
If you are from outside province and let in, they ask several questions and take down all information so they can verify and get back to you.
They order what you can or can’t do, where can or can’t go.
If you’re a resident returning from out of province, they again take down details, add you to list and order 14 day self isolation.
If you are caught out during those 14 days, you can be fined $300.00 by police or public safety. They check against the list.

No mention of checking cars to see if occupants have same address, but that is possible by some jurisdictions.
Some municipal forces may have municipal constraints that they are enforcing.

Just checking it to see if anyone is getting fired up for spring. It will be a different season this year with no group cruises, car shows or club events/BBQs but rest assured, we will be on the road every chance we get. This year we celebrate our 50th Anniversary of cruising together in 9 different Mustangs. On July 11th this year, we hope to be able to re-create the photo you see as our profile picture. It will have a little less hair and a few more pounds but it will be us in our 45th Anniversay car. We bought it for our 45th and are so happy we did as we all know, in life nothing is guaranteed and as we can see how much our world has changed, we wouldn't change the experiences of the past 5 years for a 40 year collection of Camaros. we hope to see many of you on the road this summer and rest assured, if you see a Legend Lime convertible on the road and those in it don't wave, it isn't us. Sending our love and best wishes to all of the Mustang community, stay safe and be blessed in knowing you've already lived some of the best years of your life...... as Mustang owners.36914588_10160500974500363_6142400027575713792_n.jpg

Just checking it to see if anyone is getting fired up for spring. It will be a different season this year with no group cruises, car shows or club events/BBQs but rest assured, we will be on the road every chance we get. This year we celebrate our 50th Anniversary of cruising together in 9 different Mustangs. On July 11th this year, we hope to be able to re-create the photo you see as our profile picture. It will have a little less hair and a few more pounds but it will be us in our 45th Anniversay car. We bought it for our 45th and are so happy we did as we all know, in life nothing is guaranteed and as we can see how much our world has changed, we wouldn't change the experiences of the past 5 years for a 40 year collection of Camaros. we hope to see many of you on the road this summer and rest assured, if you see a Legend Lime convertible on the road and those in it don't wave, it isn't us. Sending our love and best wishes to all of the Mustang community, stay safe and be blessed in knowing you've already lived some of the best years of your life...... as Mustang owners.View attachment 37275
Alex,

yes our new normal will be a little this year thats for sure. We will definetly get out for some cruise. Going to need to to keep our sanity.lol

Well was actually quite busy with work today, staff meeting on schedule to explain how things will
work when we start. Also stressing what they do away from work and how it affects all of this.

Getting ready is also busy, this year add all of the other things we do with gear and changes
made to do that adds a lot of time to process.

Hoping for an ok year with with no major drama and hopefully enough work to keep us busy.
So far so good, but early days, time will tell.

All the experts are telling us what the rules are.
Driving is not banned, but frowned upon at this point.
so drives for sanity are not included.

Which I find amusing a bit, as mental health is a big part of all of this.
NS gov is on the record as saying the reason they did not close NSLC.
Don't want bigger strain on health care and those who need a drink to help with stress.
they actually said this in news conference. Well I don't need a drink to unwind.
But My cars, bikes or just a relaxing drive has done wonders for me, I suspect they won't agree LOL.

When I get car home, I will do short sanity cruises until told I can't :)

Think the two factors they gave for cruising around were more trips to the gas station and more cars on the road equals more potential for accidents. Obviously accidents could impact the hospitals and police/ambulance/fire/ close interactions etc.

Back