That time of year

Ohtobbad

Administrator
Staff member
As it cools off, the time is coming to think of putting our cars away.
What do you do for storage?
Any special tricks you have to avoid problems next spring?
Do you have a garage or pay for storage?

Yeah the time is approaching real fast. I usually wash wax and detail the complete car. Then I put fuel stabilizer in it and run it for 15 mins or so. Put bounce sheets in the trunk and interior to help keep the mice away. Back it into the corner of the garage. Throw the battery tender on it. Put rags in the exhaust and throw the cover on. Before I pull it back out of the corner in the spring is when I change the oil.

I'm hoping to get until end of the month.
One more track day on 10th of Oct if weather is good :)
then maybe couple of short drives.
Might even try and set up a Sunday mini cruise before its over.

Yeah fresh oil with no condensation is my reasoning. But there are different opinions on the right time to do it. Haha

Yeah I was hoping to get out for a cruise this weekend with Jen but that did not happen. Not going to get much time over the next few weeks to use it as my home schedule is changing for a little bit so I may slowly start prepping it to tuck it away slowly. A complete shuffling of the garage is always needed anyways so that takes some time.

I am lucky that way, garage is dedicated to the car, so just a clean up of garage.

Already prepped for storage and tucked under the cover, only need to drive it to storage at end of month. Going into surgery tomorrow morning so will be off my feet for appox. 4 weeks ................so end of season for me !!!!!!!! But gee it was a good one !!!!

well, mine is drained of all fluids and I'm going to blow it apart into little baggie sized pieces.......but I think we all know by now the same car isn't going to roll out of my garage next spring that rolls in this fall......:rolleyes:

I seen what stabilizer can do to some cars and don't use it anymore.
I do a half fill with fuel and once a month add 5 litres of fuel start car, run for 15 minutes,
keeps it fresh, Also put copper brillo pads in exhaust to keep critters out.

Well back home and according to Doc all went well.

Could call this my fall tune up I guess.......lol

Really? What have you seen? I have used it for years no issues. Just curious as I never start the car again
Until spring

I've also used stabilizer for years in mowers, snowblowers, chainsaws, motorcycles, outboards, etc with no ill effects.

Curious to what you've seen for damages...

Last year, one was a mower all gummed up, then a mechanic I know said the exact same thing
happened to a car he works on. Odds are likely very very low. BUT.
Was it a bad batch? no idea. But I came up with this plan and it worked fine last year.

Back