That time of year.

Well it's parked for the season, just have to go back down in a few days and do regular stuff to tuck her in. I'm lucky enough to have a co-worker that has one side of his garage that he doesn't use so I store the car there as well as I flip flop the sled and four wheeler from season to season as well. Now hopefully he doesn't start buying a bunch of toys so I loose my spot ??? lol

Mcdavis;n26323 said:
Sad days............ very ?

How may have co-pilots who completely forget about your Mustang once it goes into storage? What makes Halloween , pumpkin spice everything, decorating for Christmas and on & on....as important or interesting as waiting til spring? Why isn't sharing a nice bottle of wine while shopping on AM or CJ Pony Parts as interesting as decorating for the holidays?! Do I need to find a support group besides MM??

pei_guy;n26324 said:
How may have co-pilots who completely forget about your Mustang once it goes into storage? What makes Halloween , pumpkin spice everything, decorating for Christmas and on & on....as important or interesting as waiting til spring? Why isn't sharing a nice bottle of wine while shopping on AM or CJ Pony Parts as interesting as decorating for the holidays?! Do I need to find a support group besides MM??

Yes many of our co-pilots don't understand the real pain we suffer. Mine laughs at me, but least I don't get grief
for monies I spend on my mistress in the garage. Likely best support group is here, we feel your pain
and its real :)

Mcdavis;n26332 said:
Fortunately my better half is a car nut as well and responsible for a number of our purchases....... which is why she has her own Mustang.

do u have picture of wifes ride to post

Mcdavis;n26350 said:
Her’s and his........ her’s is a 2003 Centennial limited edition, one of 1,323 that were made to celebrate the Ford Centennial

That pic of hers looks like you are in calais at Ace !

Put mine away September 22nd once I knew I was not going to fall cruise.
Washed and waxed.
Air up tires and fuel stabilizer.
Half tank of gas because that's all I had last time I drove it.
It will take less time to burn through old fuel when I take it out again.
Heated garage to around 15c.
Climate controlled by leaving door to basement ajar all winter.
Air exchanger from house controls humidity level.
No condensation in windows of garage.
IMO, humidity level is more important than certain temperature versus another.
Not too concerned with oil. Only about 1500 km on current oil.
Cover on it.
Leave hood unlatched for easy access once a month for trickle charge up of battery.
Looking forward to spring for 4.10 gears, catch can and track day.

Picture of trickle charge on tonight. Just over a month since put away.

IMG_2854[1].JPG

Mineral Grey;n26404 said:
That pic of hers looks like you are in calais at Ace !

Good spot, happened to come across a group from the NSMC at the border and most of them headed there to pick up packages, as was I!!!!

67 AGAIN;n26406 said:
Put mine away September 22nd once I knew I was not going to fall cruise.
Washed and waxed.
Air up tires and fuel stabilizer.
Half tank of gas because that's all I had last time I drove it.
It will take less time to burn through old fuel when I take it out again.
Heated garage to around 15c.
Climate controlled by leaving door to basement ajar all winter.
Air exchanger from house controls humidity level.
No condensation in windows of garage.
IMO, humidity level is more important than certain temperature versus another.
Not too concerned with oil. Only about 1500 km on current oil.
Cover on it.
Leave hood unlatched for easy access once a month for trickle charge up of battery.
Looking forward to spring for 4.10 gears, catch can and track day.

Picture of trickle charge on tonight. Just over a month since put away.

I have found it’s worth investing in a battery tender, about $30, you leave it connected and it occasionally cycles the battery plus keeping it charged, to make sure it stays in good condition.

Back