Speed Sport East 2017

02 yellowgt;n10339 said:
Is there anyone interested in putting a few cars in speed sport next April?It would be fun to do it as a club.The cost is $50 a car and we would have to look into it soon as they fill up fast.
http://www.speedsporteast.com/

Would be cool, but not something I can do. Busy time of year for me.
Weather is also an unknown.

Same here. Mine never comes out before the end of April. I remember a Speed Sport years ago when it was snowing on the Sunday evening when the show cars were being removed from the Coliseum. Not Good.

Somehow I'm just finding this thread now lol. I have wanted to do this for quite some time but it's so early for someone who is out of province. Only way I would do it is if I could get the car trucked back and forth to NB. Even an open trailer might not be so bad depending on the weather. Went up and walked around last year and saw a few cool Mustangs. Also saw quite a few cool cars in general. Will go up again for 2017 and hopefully can find a way to get the Saleen entered

Lots of time to work on that. Maybe I can take the car and advertise for MM?? Chat about that next time I see you around.

Mike has time monday tuesday, but snow is going to interrupt any plans.
So maybe next week weather permitting.

Yes this snow thing is messing with my Mustang life and sleep.
3am this morning had to go salting, looks like best part of Monday will be playing in the snow also.
Is winter over yet?

I had an experience with the StanceEast group last year.. because my BMW was bagged I got invited to bring my car in with them. You get a little gift bag, a nice big plaque for your car, early access to the show, and of course a chance to win show prizes. Didn't win anything (didn't expect to going into it, but after looking around I thought maybe I had a chance based on what was sitting around in my class.. maybe the judges just didn't realize what I had ?? :) lol )

All in all it was an OK experience, but that's likely because I didn't really know the group. Having a section for our group, with our people, and I think it would actually be a good bit of fun.

Yep. Good idea by Dave so we will keep this thread going and figure something out a little closer to the date.

I don't mind putting mine in but we will have to decide soon before it's booked up.Especially if we want to put a couple of cars together.We can talk to Joe to see about space and the cost is $50/car.
Another option might be if the Ford club has a couple of spaces we could have with their display and we could promote Maritime Mustang as well.

http://www.speedsporteast.com/exhibitor.php

Last edited:
Brining this one back. Phil do you have an interest in this with the car? Maybe Charlie? I know you have to register before the end of March. Dave you did this show last year??

Yeah I will definitely be a spectator on this one. My car usually does not see the road until may. Way to much weird weather for me at that time of the year but that is just me. Lol

I did the last 2 shows.Not going to bother this year if no one else is interested.I didn't sign up for the Ford Country Club this year and they are the ones I displayed my car with in the past.

Ahhh gotcha. Well I am interested but I will have to check a few things first. I know if I go I will be hauling the car down and not driving lol.

Back