Ride quality

Gotcha, Ford Performance is definitely not the be all end all, and sometimes you have to go aftermarket.

Similar context, I like the Ford Performance Catch Cans, got them for the car because they look OEM.

Like the JLT cans better though, more convenient to empty and better materials in my opinion, so I run JLT on the truck.

Much like anything else in this hobby, it comes down to personal preference more than anything else.

See you been busy Marc! I was definetly not trying to '' spend anybody's money''!! The list of parts was just choices he could choose from if he wanted to do more then lowering springs. I never said they were all necessary to have a smooth ride. Since i don't know you guys well enough to know what is done on your cars and what your goals are i just thought it would be nice to share the info.Sometimes we do mods for looks and sometimes for performance but in the end it s a personal choice and that is what makes all of our car unique and different.

That might possibly be the first time Marc has ever posted anything that was misinterpreted by another member of the forum.

Bit of an inside joke. ;):ROFLMAO:

Lots of info to absorb, thanks so much for the detailed info. Not hard to see I’m in the right place.

I used to have an S197 that I autocrossed, and lowered both for looks and performance.

my setup was as such.

- Eibach Prokit
- Bilstein shocks
- GT500 front lower control arms
- Whiteline suspension rear lower control arms
- Whiteline suspension WATT Link (that was the thing that made the car handle closest to a independent suspension car, but it's EXPENSIVE),
- Whiteline suspension front & rear sway bars

*** somewhere in the posts above, i am sure Marc or others told you to get an adjustable panhard bar when you're lowering. if that's not done already, i have my Whiteline suspension adjustable panhard bar I could sell you really cheap. ***

As far as the car ''felt'', it was stiffer, but not harsh, as the damping was taken care of (Shocks) and matched better the Eibach springs. But i have to say that mine was behaving maybe a little better due to the presence of the watts link, that had to have been the biggest change in that car's behavior I did with the suspension.
Take it from me, if you autocross it, it WILL feel like a big heavy pig coming from the Lexus (i came from a Focus ST), but it's just that much fun to throw around ;)

My build tread is still lurking around the forum somewhere, even if the car's gone to another home.

cheers,

Does anyone know a reputable local place handy to Halifax for buying aftermarket performance parts? I want to lower my 2012 and since I have 220,000 kms on factory suspension, I've decided to go the coilover route to replace it all. The car came with the GT500 Rear Lower control arms and I've been happy with them so getting the same replacements. I'm looking at a 1.5 inch drop max (more likely 1 inch) and am wondering will I need relocation brackets with the non-adjustable rear lowers. My shopping list is:

Height Adjustable Coilover kit (comes with caster/camber plates and adjustable front sway bar links)
Adjustable Panhard Bar
Rear upper control arm
GT500 Lower control arms
New front lower control arms

Am I missing anything? This is being done mainly for appearance and tightening up the handling. I don't track the car and don't plan to. I'm going the coilover route so I don't have to hunt for parts from different manufacturers to build the suspension and I would like to buy from a local place to keep the money here at home and because most of the American suppliers ass rape us on shipping. Thanks

You seem to have your plan all laid out, so will answer your specific question.
No, relocation brackets not necessary on a V6.

I don’t know anyone in Halifax.

If you can’t find anyone in Halifax, you can still source from a Canadian vendor.
Call Dasilva Racing and they can set you up with everything and ship right to your place.
They will hunt all the different parts for you.
It’s really not hard.

Their number: (905) 837-7700.

FYI, if your upper control arm is not of the stock variety, after market ones are prone to causing additional NVH.

For lower control arms, the GT500 front ones are a nice upgrade.
But for the rears, there is much better on the after market than the GT500’s.

Sway bars would be a nice compliment to everything you are doing.

You will absolutely be amazed at the transformation of your car.

Happy modding.

no one in Halifax will have this unless your buying used, and bad news is,
this stuff is coming from US, regardless of where you buy.
where its actually made god only knows,
Like Marc said Desilva, I have bought stuff from them good to deal with
Also western motorsports deals in mustang stuff , I have also bought from them
I have also bought stuff, from
Mustangshop, in Calgary good place.
MAxium motor sports,
American Muscle
Steeda.com ( stay away from steeda.ca) not same company, not good to deal with
Lethal Performance
summit racing
Cj Pony

Actually I think I can list most places at one time or another :unsure:
check your prices, buy where you get best prices and shipping,
even American companies with give you shipping rates in thier online
order set up.

Does anyone know a reputable local place handy to Halifax for buying aftermarket performance parts? I want to lower my 2012 and since I have 220,000 kms on factory suspension, I've decided to go the coilover route to replace it all. The car came with the GT500 Rear Lower control arms and I've been happy with them so getting the same replacements. I'm looking at a 1.5 inch drop max (more likely 1 inch) and am wondering will I need relocation brackets with the non-adjustable rear lowers. My shopping list is:

Height Adjustable Coilover kit (comes with caster/camber plates and adjustable front sway bar links)
Adjustable Panhard Bar
Rear upper control arm
GT500 Lower control arms
New front lower control arms

Am I missing anything? This is being done mainly for appearance and tightening up the handling. I don't track the car and don't plan to. I'm going the coilover route so I don't have to hunt for parts from different manufacturers to build the suspension and I would like to buy from a local place to keep the money here at home and because most of the American suppliers ass rape us on shipping. Thanks
I have an adjustable Panhard bar that you could get your hands on for REALLY cheap (don't have the car anymore, was on mine for +/- 5,000kms before i upgraded to a Watts Link).
Send me a DM if interested. Whiteline performance panhard bar

cheers,

I have an adjustable Panhard bar that you could get your hands on for REALLY cheap (don't have the car anymore, was on mine for +/- 5,000kms before i upgraded to a Watts Link).
Send me a DM if interested. Whiteline performance panhard bar

cheers,
That is a fantastic offer. I won't be able to pull the trigger on any of this for a couple of months but I'll check back with you when the time comes and if you still have it I'll more than likely take you up on that. Thanks again.

That is a fantastic offer. I won't be able to pull the trigger on any of this for a couple of months but I'll check back with you when the time comes and if you still have it I'll more than likely take you up on that. Thanks again.
Don't be shy to reach out. I have a brother in law in Bedford that we're scheduled to go visit in +/- a month & the Pony Express may run around Moncton between now & when you would need the part as well.

Back