Our Next Daily Driver

TrueBlue02058

Post King
My soon to be Daily Driver.

The 5 year lease on our 2017 Mazda CX3 AWD ends May 2nd and with Vehicle Supply Chain issues I thought I would reserve our next Vehicle.

So I visited the Subaru Dealership near the Moncton Airport and Ordered and put a deposit down on a 2022 Impreza 5 door wagon Convenience model.

This colour, Ice Silver Metallic but mine will have 16” wheels, and not the 18” in photo.

Will take delivery May 2nd and am Leasing this one for 36 months.C08C6D1C-2BB4-46CF-A1E4-083C22E58309.jpeg

My soon to be Daily Driver.

The 5 year lease on our 2017 Mazda CX3 AWD ends May 2nd and with Vehicle Supply Chain issues I thought I would reserve our next Vehicle.

So I visited the Subaru Dealership near the Moncton Airport and Ordered and put a deposit down on a 2022 Impreza 5 door wagon Convenience model.

This colour, Ice Silver Metallic but mine will have 16” wheels, and not the 18” in photo.

Will take delivery May 2nd and am Leasing this one for 36 months.View attachment 51689
Welcome to the Subaru family..
I've owned 7 of them so far..

This will do a very good daily driver, you'll see! We're extremely happy with Julie's '14 Crosstrek (which is basically a lifted impreza). Drives nice and gets very good mileage when you think of it's constant on AWD system.

When will it arrive/your ownership commence?
Current Lease on Mazda finishes May 2nd so new Impreza should arrive at Dealer a month or two before that.

They had No New Imprezas on the Lot when I was there 2 weeks ago.

Marc is right, currently MacPhee Ford orders what you want,
over last couple months only 2/3 stock trucks came and were sold
within a day or two.

Certain vehicle's are by order only, manufactures can't keep up
supply issues part of problem, most dealer lots here are almost empty
or only used. and going to be awhile before the catch up.

likely mid late summer, maybe.

Chip issue mostly at centre of all of this................and it ain't soon to be fixed either.
We still have to deal with this for awhile and it affects all kinds of things.
Guys are still waiting for their spring ordered snowmobiles, you cannot get an ATV very easily and RV's are in the same boat ( boats too I would suspect must be hard to come by as well ??)....

If you don’t mind me piggy backing on your thread, Fred, we have a new car on order for my wife too.

Upgrade from 2020 Escape Titanium 2.0 Litre to a 2022 Edge ST.

I simply miss the Fusion sport we had, along wth its suede-leather bolstered seats and 325 hp 2.7 V6 Ecoboost.

My wife likes the extra cargo space behind the back seats, for groceries and any other errands.
She does not like to put the seats down.
She feels it’s a safety issue with cargo.
If she hits brakes, objects become projectiles.
If seats are up, seats stop stuff from flying forward.
And she has better visibility out the side windows in the Edge over the Escape, for shoulder check and merging.

The outgoing Escape is close to the bellow shad of blue. (2022 model shown)

The Edge will be stone green and last I herd, was scheduled to be built this week, and it is now rated at 335 hp. ?
Hopefully they have a chip for it. ?

6AD8D23B-C40E-4300-BB86-9706C545AB7F.png

BAD737D5-1C85-4D69-8C28-7C31B4ADD871.png

Last edited:
Back