New Ranger Spy pics.

I read that the ranger is on the old European platform,,
which gets a major update in 2019/20 so wider range of products
will be available. I think this one is because of the push to have midsize truck.

TrueBlue02058;n27670 said:
It's a $45,000 Truck, with Delivery and HST without adding any options.

I'll keep my 08 F-150 XLT.

true but comparison wise its in the mix with its competitors
Likely out of the gate not much for rebates, but trucks normally
have good rebates, cars not so much.

Ohtobbad;n27672 said:

I tried pricing out a Ranger, nice to have 4x4 but results said - nothing new for me anytime soon -Ford or any other maker. I really don’t understand why they all have to overprice then offer a large discount to make it look like a “deal”. Just makes me see how much they planned to overcharge ,

05 gt 5spd;n27675 said:
I tried pricing out a Ranger, nice to have 4x4 but results said - nothing new for me anytime soon -Ford or any other maker. I really don’t understand why they all have to overprice then offer a large discount to make it look like a “deal”. Just makes me see how much they planned to overcharge ,

Your right, when it comes to cars, the deal of the day is it, like costco or low interest rates.
But trucks a different animal. Quite common to see rebates of some sort and some cases
quite large. On the ranger you can bet being new not much first year.

Trucks have also gotten quite expensive because of their popularity. Fords #1 seller.

Truck prices have gotten absurd the last few years. Many of the Chevy trucks at our local dealer, start at $50K, and a few 4x4's have stickers of $85k or more..That's not feasible, for a farmer like myself. I need a full size, base model 4x4, but most dealers don't even stock them any more.

I sat down with a salesman, at the local dealer, and started going over what I needed in a truck. I was hoping the stuff I wanted, was even still available theses days. Things such as, vinyl floor, not carpeted, and cloth seats, not leather, roll up windows, and manual door locks, etc. I also wanted to know what the final tally would be for it, if I special ordered it.... After a few minutes, he realized he wasn't going to be able to sell me one, that was on his lot, that day... He jumped up and said, "well sir, best you check GM's web site first to see what is actually available", handed me his card, and went back outside..:(

AC Bill;n27681 said:
Truck prices have gotten absurd the last few years. Many of the Chevy trucks at our local dealer, start at $50K, and a few 4x4's have stickers of $85k or more..That's not feasible, for a farmer like myself. I need a full size, base model 4x4, but most dealers don't even stock them any more.

I sat down with a salesman, at the local dealer, and started going over what I needed in a truck. I was hoping the stuff I wanted, was even still available theses days. Things such as, vinyl floor, not carpeted, and cloth seats, not leather, roll up windows, and manual door locks, etc. I also wanted to know what the final tally would be for it, if I special ordered it.... After a few minutes, he realized he wasn't going to be able to sell me one, that was on his lot, that day... He jumped up and said, "well sir, best you check GM's web site first to see what is actually available", handed me his card, and went back outside..:(

You can order a ford xl like that with out much issue, doubt one would be on the lot, but maybe.

Festus;n27682 said:
I looked at new truck they were giving big rebate but the way I look at it is. If they are giving big rebate they wanted to much for it to start with. ( am I wrong )

Nope your not wrong, but look at it this way. If they don't give you rebate,
that's really bad, they don't like you lol.

Ohtobbad;n27672 said:

Ya, I could get a Toyota Tacoma for the same price, and I would pick Toyota over the Ranger.

TrueBlue02058;n27685 said:
Ya, I could get a Toyota Tacoma for the same price, and I would pick Toyota over the Ranger.

Not me, I might be a ford guy, but I work these trucks more than most.
Not sure about the new Ranger yet, as its new. But Nothing Toyota makes interests me.

Ya, Toyota doesn't sell a Super Duty version of the Tundra, so useless for you for sure. My 08 F-150 still serves me well, but I only drive it around 3,000 kilometers a year now. I've had it rust Checked every year since I got it in 2011 and run synthetic oil in it, so I don't plan on trading it anytime soon.

TrueBlue02058;n27685 said:

I did like the Toyota Tacoma too until I began traveling to work with my buddy who has one. Cannot debate that the Toyotas are as tough as you can get and they are good looking as well but boy when you drive in them for a bit they have to be the most uncomfortable trucks out there. Seats sit way down on the floor and you feel like you are laying down and not sitting but again this is my own opinion. Nice looking trucks and tough but not for anyone on the tall side so Ranger it would probably be for me too ??

Fun GT;n27689 said:
I did like the Toyota Tacoma too until I began traveling to work with my buddy who has one. Cannot debate that the Toyotas are as tough as you can get and they are good looking as well but boy when you drive in them for a bit they have to be the most uncomfortable trucks out there. Seats sit way down on the floor and you feel like you are laying down and not sitting but again this is my own opinion. Nice looking trucks and tough but not for anyone on the tall side so Ranger it would probably be for me too ??

I traded an 07 Ranger in on my 08 F-150 XLT XTR Extended Cab 4X4 in 2011.

I feel like the King of the Road when I'm behind the wheel of it, even Tail Gaters don't bother me, cause one quick stop on my part and their windshield would be up to my rear bumper. I would never downgrade to the compact version Ranger.

I believe the price should be the price and maybe some movement for returning customers and build / fleet buys . The huge rebates in the auto business are ridiculous and shows their inflated margins , would never buy new again unless I felt I got a fair share of the msrp removed in a big rebate / discount.
retail does it all the time , anyone get flyer's in the mail ? Why can't that just be the price ? Buy for $10 sell for $45, but wait a sale this week at 29.99..lol...

Back