New Pony Corral

2001BlackGTvert

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone,
So I have always wanted a bigger garage (don’t we all lol) so I could put the mustang in away from the rest of the vehicles and clutter. Since we are done moving and will be staying here for a long while we have decided to add on to the existing garage. The project started sooner then I expected They poured the footing on Monday, walls yesterday and striped them today. Will be letting them dry for a few days before backfilling. The new garage will be 18’x26’. I would have loved to go bigger however I wanted it to still look good attached to the house and I needed to watch how close I went to the property line. We wanted it to be attached. We will be changing the peaks on our existing garage to break it up a bit so it should look ok. Super excited about this project.

B211391F-DAEA-4863-8B77-16F4E44B0190.jpeg
2C8839D4-33A7-4DA1-A87F-DAE91419419B.jpeg

957709E6-92E5-4456-BB11-15A51ACABE96.jpeg

3D0E4E5D-35C1-46B4-B27E-06AC682A641E.jpeg

EDD8A6C6-D77C-4EBA-AFA2-72DC11F8E01F.jpeg

Looking good ,like the 11 ft ceiling . Now you will have room for the second one !
Maybe put a sliding door between the two sections ,takes up little room but allows separation’s so the pony's don’t fight.
Thanks! I love the tall ceilings in the existing one. The plan is to leave the existing door opening and probably put an inside door. Where the window is I may put a sliding something or just a clear window or finish the opening Unsure yet. I agree room for the new one. Lol

Thanks guys. Yeah we did alot of looking and back and forth with the plan guy to try and come up with something that would look good in our eyes. Stepping it back 2’ and the peak changes hopefully will do it. We will be changing our siding and stuff. What the plan guy did there is not really what we are doing for the outside materials The drawings give us a good idea of the look of the finished garage and we like it. So I guess we should be good lol.

I will need to do some checking on the lifts. Not sure if it will be in the cards right away but or not. I didn’t know you needed extra renforcement with some of the smaller ones that are out there. I will measure the existing finished garage height to see what I have to work with. They are going to be the same.

I planned enough concrete for a lift on the new section, but it was a very remote possibility. - and still is !
If you need to put an extra yard of concrete now to put pads for a “remotely possible lift” it will never be cheaper.Plan Pads for a 4 post and a 2 post then you have choices later

I can’t help but notice the lack of snow in the first picture.
Just that little molle hill in front.

You showed us pics of you blowing snow earlier in the winter.
Where is all that gone.
Your house looks like it could be in NS.

I mean stark contrast to the world we have up here.
I’m amazed.

Where is all that gone.

I’m amazed.
Yeah we are very fortunate on how quickly it disappeared up here. You guys still have lots I hear.

Where is all that gone.

I’m amazed.
most of us don't live in the Artic like you and Roger.:p

Actually, I don’t think the Arctic gets as much snow as we get.
They get more cold but not so much precipitation, I think.

I mean, we know it’s spring with the angle of the sun and the longer days and all.
But the snow pack is still full winter depth and coverage everywhere.
Snowmobiles are still out on the trails.
Driveways still have unmelted packed snow where it was plowed all winter.

Actually, I don’t think the Arctic gets as much snow as we get.
They get more cold but not so much precipitation, I think.

I mean, we know it’s spring with the angle of the sun and the longer days and all.
But the snow pack is still full winter depth and coverage everywhere.
Snowmobiles are still out on the trails.
Driveways still have unmelted packed snow where it was plowed all winter.
emphasis on "don't think" So much cold and snow, your not sure
Clear sign of brain freeze :)

Back