New plate needed in NB

Mcdavis

King of the road trip
I need to get a new plate to replace my old seasonal one.

Just been on the ServiceNB site and they are doing appointments for certain things but I do not see getting a new plate as one of the options.
Has anyone been to do it recently?

Give them a call, they have people directing people through the proper channels.

If it's only expired and you expect to get a new one issued due to the recent changes to the license plate requirements, you're probably gonna be told not to worry about it until as pretty much anything not pertaining to vehicle safety (IE MVI) has been retroactively extended until Aug. 31st.

I need to get a new plate to replace my old seasonal one.

Just been on the ServiceNB site and they are doing appointments for certain things but I do not see getting a new plate as one of the options.
Has anyone been to do it recently?
We called a couple weeks ago and Jen made an appointment for the new plate. They never told her anything different but they may have changed. Brought our buddy’s corvette plate in as well and they did both.
Good to know max they are extending some stuff.

I called SNB for an appointment explaining I needed to return my old seasonal plate for a new one. She told me she could do the transaction on the phone, which I did. You need to email a copy of your insurance card while she stayed on the line, then you give your credit card # and she emailed me back my registration, receipt and photo of my new plate I had to place on my windshield until I get it from the mail within 10 days. For the old seasonal plate, she said to disposed it...it's now on my garage wall until I decide to dispose of it ;)plate.jpg

Last edited:
I called SNB for an appointment explaining I needed to return my old seasonal plate for a new one. She told me she could do the transaction on the phone, which I did. You need to email a copy of your insurance card while she stayed on the line, then you give your credit card # and she emailed me back my registration, receipt and photo of my new plate I had to place on my windshield until I get it from the mail within 10 days. For the old seasonal plate, she said to disposed it...it's now on my garage wall until I decide to dispose of it ;)View attachment 37722
That’s cool that they do it that way now. Probably getting too many requests at this time of the year.

Personalized plates were done automatically and sent to owners. Had to return mine as there was an error, lol. Now waiting to get the right one.
But no rush, not ready to get the car out yet, still lots of white stuff on the ground here.
When I brought my old plate back at SNB they had a security gentleman at the door that screened people. The clerk ended up coming out of the office to pick up my stuff.

Personalized plates were done automatically and sent to owners. Had to return mine as there was an error, lol. Now waiting to get the right one.
But no rush, not ready to get the car out yet, still lots of white stuff on the ground here.
When I brought my old plate back at SNB they had a security gentleman at the door that screened people. The clerk ended up coming out of the office to pick up my stuff.
And the error was...

So I phoned SNB yesterday and got similar but different story. Did not have to send details of insurance they simply asked me whether it was insured. They gave me the new plate number, charged my credit card over the phone and are sending the new plate via express post, so should be here in 2 days.

Back