New Member....glad to be here!! 2006 GT

Horsey

Hey guys, I am thrilled to be a member of this community. I live in Montague, PEI and have wanted a Mustang for years. Not sure if I consider it a mid life crises or not, at 44 yrs old...LOL. Last June, my dream came true, when I located the car I had been looking for! I wanted an S197 because I liked that body style the best. Love Fox Bodies and others as well, but the S197 is my fav. I was able to snag a 2006 GT, Ontario car. Moved to PEI and the car sat and was not being driven. Just through word of mouth, had I found this car, as it was not advertised for sale. The car needed some minor repair, to pass inspection, and I was on the road. Needed a driver's side floor pan repair last Fall, but other than that, she has treated me very well. I call her "Horsey" and she is a thrill to drive, every time I get behind the wheel! Have done some slight MODs so far.....MMD Hood Scoop, MagnaFlow MagnPack catback exhaust, LED lights inside, Axial LED smoked side marker lights, MMD chin spoiler, shorty antenna. This year's major MOD is the American Muscle Deep Dish Bullitt style wheels (chrome/black spoke). I just received my 18x10 rears last week, and the 18x9 fronts will be here next week. I am going with the classic muscle car staggered stance, so have two new 275/40 rear tires and going 245/45 in the front, to keep the tire height the same, between front and back. Can't wait! My stock wheels and the four tires (255/45) with less than 5,000km will be up for sale next week. Thank you for allowing me to join the forum, very exciting to share info with fellow Maritimers!!Horsey2.jpgHorsey3.jpg

Welcome to the community.
Nice car, and Nice truck!

It may still be early enough for you to do some trading with your tire guy, so I’ll be bold and offer the following.

With those rims you have coming, you can easily go to 255/45 front and 285/40 rear tires.
Which is the Shelby sizes of that era.
And will keep your overall diameter same as OE to limit differences in your speedometer.
And fill your fender gaps better.

245/45 and 275/40 will give you a slightly smaller diameter than stock.

Regards, and whatever you go with it’s still going to be a nice car. ?

Welcome aboard @Horsey HaHa on the mid life crises! I turned 50 in January and bought my first Mustang, ‘13 GT ‘vert in February.... Nice thing about turning 50 this year, I now qualify for the Vaccine.
I hope we can at least get the Atlantic Bubble opened up at some point this summer. I have a week booked (camping) in NS and a week in PEI as well this summer.

Back