New here

2014 Red GT

Hi Doug and Denise here from Saint John.

Attachments

• IMG_0236.jpeg
    IMG_0236.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0237.jpeg
    IMG_0237.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 19
Welcome to the Forum from northern NB.
Greater Saint-Leonard area.

I recognize your car.
I know it’s history.
If you’re curious, look me up Saturday.
The name is Marc Violette.
I’ll tell you all about it.
Last I herd of it, it was being traded in at Taylor Ford in Moncton.
If you bought it from TF, I can tell you about its life before it got there.

I agree, it’s a beautiful car.
I went looking for you, Doug, but you had already left.

I don’t know if you looked for me.
You were at a disadvantage because I did not have the car from my avatar picture.
Quick apology for that.

If you’re like most of us, you appreciate knowing about the history of your car, so I will share it here.

Your car was ordered by Wood Motors.
Then in fall of 2014 an RCMP officer stationed in Grand Falls, NB, decided he wanted a Mustang.
Many will remember the hype at that time was all about the new for 2015 S550 car being rolled out.
By now I think many find the 2015 and up car a nice evolution of the Marque.
But back in 2014 it was a bit of a polarizing model that not everyone was ready to great with open arms.

Such was the case with this RCMP officer, perhaps a bit old school, being of a certain age, he had difficulty warming up to the look of the new 2015 Mustang.
However, he knew he wanted a V8 and that he wanted it white with a manual transmission, and the critical option he wanted was the glass roof, which Ford had introduced in 2009 but was going to end with the 2014 production.

Being that it was late in the 2014 production year, no more 2014’s could be ordered as production had already been converted to 2015 models.
His only option was to scour existing dealer inventory and hope his unicorn car was out there somewhere.
In order to do this, he went to Violette Ford in Grand Falls, which did search dealer inventory nationally for this quite specific car.
No car matching all the requirements were found from Ontario east.
If I recall correctly, there was only one or two units in the whole country matching all the criteria from above. Both were out west in Vancouver and perhaps the other in Alberta.
Although not impossible, that was and still is an unusual distance for eastern dealers to repatriate cars from and vis-versa.
There are additional transportation costs, risks of damage in transit and no way to confirm the condition of the car at the other end except take someone’s word for it.

Meanwhile, I had previously seen your car on the lot at Wood Motors Ford in Fredericton and it was a very impressive car back then as well. With the added benefit of having the premium interior with the white stripes on the seats, it was a GT, a manual shifter, with the rare but all important glass roof. The only criteria it didn’t meet was the colour.
So, having a close relationship to the client in question, I suggested he consider buying your car, which was a safer bet. Seeing as all NB dealers often cooperate on dealer trades, if anything was not 100% with the car when Violette Ford went to pick it up, it could be left there and the deal cancelled or modified accordingly.
Whereas if anything was wrong with the western car when it got here off the hauler, you’re stuck with it.
The client had not considered red as a colour because in his mind red was more flashy, like race red or candy apple red.
I explained to him that Ruby Red, which is your car colour, was more subdued, more conservative of a colour and that he should consider it.
He went home and showed his wife the colour online and she loved it.

The decision was made to get the car from Wood Motors.
It as dealer traded from Wood’s to Violette Ford and bought new from Violette Ford in Grand Falls.
It ended up spending the winter in the showroom at the dealership in Grand Falls until the roads cleared in spring of 2015.

The quarter window louvers on your car are from a company called Silver Horse Racing and were actually factory installed from Ford at the time on the factory Cobra Jet race cars. Coincidentally the same as the red Cobra Jet that was parked in front of the dealership yesterday, if you had not noticed.
The owner did not get the idea from the Cobra Jet however. He got the idea from seeing them on my 2006 car.
Your car was not produced with those louvers but yours were installed aftermarket by a reputable body shop in Saint-Leonard by the name of Don Cyr Body Shop.
Also, that textured black front splitter and side aero skirts on the car are not factory.
They are from Roush, and were also installed by the same body shop.
Those were the only two modifications done to the car before it was taken down to the Moncton-Kent county area, where the client had family and property. The car served summer duties and was winter stored down there.

Then the client called me a couple or three years later and told me he was going to trade the Mustang in at Taylor Ford on a new Edge for his wife.
That was the last I heard of the car until you posted your pics up here.

You see the louvers here on the Cobra Jet, installed at the factory.

IMG_8356.jpeg

Here’s my car with the aftermarket louvers that gave your car’s previous owner the idea.
Possibly the car you looked for if you were looking for me yesterday.
By the way, there are not many of those louvers around. There are many stick on versions but yours replace the quarter window entirely.

IMG_8330.jpeg

That Doug and Denise, is the history of your car.
Now you have an interesting story to tell at the next car show you attend.

I agree, it’s a beautiful car.
I went looking for you, Doug, but you had already left.

I don’t know if you looked for me.
You were at a disadvantage because I did not have the car from my avatar picture.
Quick apology for that.

If you’re like most of us, you appreciate knowing about the history of your car, so I will share it here.

Your car was ordered by Wood Motors.
Then in fall of 2014 an RCMP officer stationed in Grand Falls, NB, decided he wanted a Mustang.
Many will remember the hype at that time was all about the new for 2015 S550 car being rolled out.
By now I think many find the 2015 and up car a nice evolution of the Marque.
But back in 2014 it was a bit of a polarizing model that not everyone was ready to great with open arms.

Such was the case with this RCMP officer, perhaps a bit old school, being of a certain age, he had difficulty warming up to the look of the new 2015 Mustang.
However, he knew he wanted a V8 and that he wanted it white with a manual transmission, and the critical option he wanted was the glass roof, which Ford had introduced in 2009 but was going to end with the 2014 production.

Being that it was late in the 2014 production year, no more 2014’s could be ordered as production had already been converted to 2015 models.
His only option was to scour existing dealer inventory and hope his unicorn car was out there somewhere.
In order to do this, he went to Violette Ford in Grand Falls, which did search dealer inventory nationally for this quite specific car.
No car matching all the requirements were found from Ontario east.
If I recall correctly, there was only one or two units in the whole country matching all the criteria from above. Both were out west in Vancouver and perhaps the other in Alberta.
Although not impossible, that was and still is an unusual distance for eastern dealers to repatriate cars from and vis-versa.
There are additional transportation costs, risks of damage in transit and no way to confirm the condition of the car at the other end except take someone’s word for it.

Meanwhile, I had previously seen your car on the lot at Wood Motors Ford in Fredericton and it was a very impressive car back then as well. With the added benefit of having the premium interior with the white stripes on the seats, it was a GT, a manual shifter, with the rare but all important glass roof. The only criteria it didn’t meet was the colour.
So, having a close relationship to the client in question, I suggested he consider buying your car, which was a safer bet. Seeing as all NB dealers often cooperate on dealer trades, if anything was not 100% with the car when Violette Ford went to pick it up, it could be left there and the deal cancelled or modified accordingly.
Whereas if anything was wrong with the western car when it got here off the hauler, you’re stuck with it.
The client had not considered red as a colour because in his mind red was more flashy, like race red or candy apple red.
I explained to him that Ruby Red, which is your car colour, was more subdued, more conservative of a colour and that he should consider it.
He went home and showed his wife the colour online and she loved it.

The decision was made to get the car from Wood Motors.
It as dealer traded from Wood’s to Violette Ford and bought new from Violette Ford in Grand Falls.
It ended up spending the winter in the showroom at the dealership in Grand Falls until the roads cleared in spring of 2015.

The quarter window louvers on your car are from a company called Silver Horse Racing and were actually factory installed from Ford at the time on the factory Cobra Jet race cars. Coincidentally the same as the red Cobra Jet that was parked in front of the dealership yesterday, if you had not noticed.
The owner did not get the idea from the Cobra Jet however. He got the idea from seeing them on my 2006 car.
Your car was not produced with those louvers but yours were installed aftermarket by a reputable body shop in Saint-Leonard by the name of Don Cyr Body Shop.
Also, that textured black front splitter and side aero skirts on the car are not factory.
They are from Roush, and were also installed by the same body shop.
Those were the only two modifications done to the car before it was taken down to the Moncton-Kent county area, where the client had family and property. The car served summer duties and was winter stored down there.

Then the client called me a couple or three years later and told me he was going to trade the Mustang in at Taylor Ford on a new Edge for his wife.
That was the last I heard of the car until you posted your pics up here.

You see the louvers here on the Cobra Jet, installed at the factory.

View attachment 76773

Here’s my car with the aftermarket louvers that gave your car’s previous owner the idea.
Possibly the car you looked for if you were looking for me yesterday.
By the way, there are not many of those louvers around. There are many stick on versions but yours replace the quarter window entirely.

View attachment 76772

That Doug and Denise, is the history of your car.
Now you have an interesting story to tell at the next car show you attend.
Thanks very much for the history. It’s very much appreciated. I knew that the louvers were rare, I always look at other cars and like you say most are stick on. I didn’t notice if there were any other cars with the glass roof there either. I did know that was a rare option. I’m sorry we didn’t get a chance to chat yesterday, hopefully we can meet sometime. What car did you have yesterday? Thanks again.

Back