NEW BRUNSWICK MEMBERS: Please check-in!

67 AGAIN;n6491 said:
New member from Northwest NB. Joined yesterday. Got to love new pave on twisty secondary roads! :D

Sweet looking Stang. Welcome to the site. Those Ford racing seats look pretty cool.

Thanks everyone. I feel the love! :FordSmile
You all have nice cars too. As you get to know me, you'll discover I'm a very big fan of N/A (Naturally Aspirated) cars that can go, turn and stop. So, in these early introductions, I can't help but tip my hat to Ohtobbad's GT350.
I didn't quite follow the format in my introduction. Here goes:
67 AGAIN
Marc (French or English, it's all good)
Saint-Léonard (Nestled between Edmundston and Grand Falls along the TCH in northwestern NB)
2006 GT, Manual, Legend Lime, Intended as a tribute to the early big block 390's of '67 but with the aforementioned stopping and turning abilities...

All good, were a pretty laid back bunch who love cars.
Several folks speak french, we even have a french page,
no one is using it yet, but we hope in the future it gets some folks here.
Last year we were up closer to your part of the province, " Campbelltown"
did the Gaspe bay loop for our fall Run.

Sweet. I lived in Campbellton for 9 years. I know that neck of the woods very well. Very scenic, didn't you find?
There is a very nice, low traffic, twisty and scenic drive over in the Gaspe. You guys drove right by without knowing it.
It's route 299 from New Richmond to Ste-Anne-des-Monts. It cuts through and over the mountains from the south shore to the north shore of the Gaspe.
It goes through a wildlife reserve and Provincial park.
The best part is that it follows along a nice size salmon river with fast, clear water.
The road bends and twists as it follows the river, and then into the mountains.
There is a nice hotel in the park for an overnight stay.
Something to consider for future projects.

We drove along the water to Gaspe. then down along the coast.
Came back through middle of mountains, sounds like what you are explaining.
Roger gets back, or some of the other might understand the route.
Incredible run, very beautiful.

That was on our Saturday route from Gaspe back to Charlo - beautiful views, was getting dark as we got near New Richmond, had to visit Tims for the coffee to get back !

It sounds like you did hit the route I'm talking about. Hope it was not too dark for you guys because it's a real nice drive in daylight. I like doing it in opposite direction you guys came because you gain elevation along that river and you can power through the curves that follow the river. You get to enjoy a bit more of that torque instead of more coasting down hill. But still a nice drive in either direction. It's very nice when combined with a return drive back across the mountains through the Matapedia valley west of Campbellton. No doubling back on any of the previous day's route.

Welcome Al, Nice looking 05. Looks mean from rear. What size rear tires are you running ? They look about as wide a tire that would fit.

Thanks, 305/35/20 rear , 275/35/20 front . Yes. I wouldnt go any bigger.. It's pretty tight in there , and no rubbing at all ..but they hook up nice

Last edited:
So far ,I'm really happy with the grip and wear with the MT street Comps . for such wide tires , they don't hydroplane..

Back