Mustangs at the Track.

If you have been to the track, plan on tracking or are tracking your car in any form
please post up. We have You tube channel, send me video's I will load them.

Helimech and I have got the bug again and have been three times, we drove out to the school today,
to see how Chris and a few others are doing and boom, we are going out tomorrow ( Again)
We were both out last Monday. this will make 4 times this year, with one left in Oct.
Also we have been invited to HPDC event if can fit it in, most of these are during week.

Hopefully our gadgets work better this time and we have decent video :)

Good for you guys Ohtob,,, and Helimech. I wish I lived closer to a track. I'd be out more often.
My two back to back days in May are now but a memory.
Had a bit of fun carving turns and passing a few cars last week on Hwy 17 in northern N.B.
Those four lane jobbies are just boring to drive.
Here's a few professional photos from Watkins Glen N.Y. with my previous car.
If you look closely behind me in the second photo, you see a silver GT 500.
Had just completed the pass on him. That's kind of fun when your in a simple GT. 20100531_WGI_GR1_6882.jpg 20100531_WGI_GR1_7224.jpg 20100531_WGI_GR1_6971.jpg 20100531_WGI_GR1_6574.jpg

cars_vehicles_ford_mustang_racing_desktop_1024x683_hd-wallpaper-602262.jpg Here's a bunch of Blue Oval guys having fun on the track.
The owner and driver of the grey lightning running third is an instructor with Track Guys.
He was my instructor the first time I tried the track experience at Mosport in 2009.
It was a HPD event called the Red Line Rendez-Vous put on by the greater Toronto SVTOA.
Track Guys were there to run the event.

Last edited:
We had another great day at AMP.
Helimech had a small clutch cable issue, thought we would be using trailer to get him home,
but he got it sorted out, did another session and drove home, so alls good.
Will have some pics and video up in couple of days, in eluding
a Porsche GT3RS.
Also of Chris on his second school day did well.

IMG_1584[1].JPG
Slalom exercise at Mont-Tremblant this past May. Intended to train the eyes to look where you want to go.
Look for your path around an object, because the hands go where the eyes are looking.

IMG_1586[1].JPG
Cars lined up in the pit lane at Mont-Tremblant this past May. Getting ready for open laps.

IMG_1605[1].JPG
Coming onto start-finish straight at Mont-Tremblant after completing 15 turn lap of 4.26 kms.

IMG_1612[1].JPG
Negotiating turn 14 at Mont-Tremblant this past May. This track has everything.
Elevation changes, tight corners and high speeds.
Apparently Michael Schumacher described it as a mini Nurbergring after trying it some years ago.
Turn 14 is the tightest turn on the circuit and has to be respected and taken with appropriate speed because it follows an uphill knoll, which takes the weight off the front of the car and promotes understeer.

A coworker a few years back in his Mach 1

IMG_6091_zpse73ffcd3.jpg

I knew it was Ralph, let him pass so I could watch his line, quite different than mine, but learned a few new things. Then he let me by. With my tires now, 1.20's is about best I will do.

I was told, couple weeks ago, guy from PEI, brought a GT350R to the track for of the MHPC event.
( Car came from Florida) With someone else driving did a 1.16 in less than 10 laps with it.
He said little more time, believed could do 1.14 in stock trim.

Back