Moncton Area - HWY15/Harrisville Boulevard - Dogbone interchange construction

S197CS

Corner Carver
So this summer, major road construction will be undertaken on what is probably Moncton (Dieppe) busiest highway exit. HWY15/Harrisville BLVD off ramp/interchange will be upgraded to a dogbone style intersection. This being a major rework of this part of road, major traffic reroutes are coming with it. Attached is a presentation which I've went to assist regarding how the interchange design have been chosen and how it will be done, traffic planning ETC.

See below Dropbox link to the FULL file of this presentation. Hoping the little bits of informations helps somebody.
DETOURS HAVE STARTED, APRIL 1ST 2018.

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT the author of this presentation. Posting here for information purposes, for everyone living/working around Moncton, and for all of you guys coming to visit us, be for the ATNATS or just to come see us, shopping, ETC. Should you have any questions on it, msg me, I MIGHT be able to answer :)

So curious us going to or past this, would be best to get off sooner and go through Deppe to Moncton?
Or will they pave a section because its major hwy?

paving of the highway itself will not be affected as far as what they've presented. Good example for you travelling from NS. To exit say, at the airport/Dieppe, you WILL NOT be able to exit. that offramp is completely closed. you will have to exit at this point in the rounabout in Moncton if you are already on HWY15.

Coming from HWY2 from NS, you will have detour sign for entering Dieppe/airport one exit earlier than you would do normally (exit 474A I believe) don't worry, fresh pave have been laid down there for vast majority of that path last year. You could also, if you wish to exit for Dieppe, continue on HWY2 to the Caledonia industrial park exit (#462), then follow the signs back to the airport. this one, to me, is one of the worst conditions stretch of pave there is around here. Various ways of going around the city without that major intersection.

those would be your (2) alternate routes from NS to exit to Dieppe.

thanks good to know, will becoming for may run and Nationals, then through in the
fall to head to St John. fall run

Exactly why i posted this. I figure, if it can help at least one of us i’ll have done good ! :)

Always a help lets folks even on normal trips to expect any sorts of problems even delays.
thanks for the update, as the saying goes in the maritimes 8 months of winter
4 months of road construction lol.

If we stay on the #2 and go into moncton via elmwood ,Mapleton or Mountain road exits we will miss this mess . Same for going home

Drove though this on my way in and out of the city. The highway isn't really being touched (so far) but if you are heading to the airport from that direction it is a bit of a detour.

That is the exit I get off at on my way to work every day. :mad:

Rte. 132 from Scoudouc to Dieppe Blvd. should be faster for me then the Hwy 2-Harrisville Blvd. exit Detour.

When I go to Moncton I often come in off of Mountain road or Mapleton, so no affect on us unless the start messing with highway.

I was at the airport Friday night, not planned at all.
But didn't get off the plane :)

Why did you stay on the plane?Does Codiac RCMP have a warrant out for you from last year's Nationals?Ha Ha.

I found a better way to work than the published Detour. take 15 West onto 2 east and get off at Shediac Road exit not Harrisville Blvd. Doesn't take any more time that Pre Construction as there is no Traffic Light at site of ramp construction, clear sailing.

No I was well behaved last year :)
They kept us all on the plane, my best guess is they don't want to see you still had winter there
LOL :)

Yup. The presentation i linked have all sort of percentages on their educated guesses on what driver from out of town and from town will take as the detour. They (makers of the presentation) anticipate that most of the traffic will take the signed detours, but locals will divert on other know routes all around, that you’cw Stated above is one of them.

I work right near there, but fortunately do not need to go thru it to get to work, but do use it frequently. At the moment it’s really good and flows well providing you are turning right or going straight thru. If you need to turn left, from any direction you cannot and have to detour.

Back