Momma & i

Festus

Went to Summerside Saturday Took route 11 along shore to Mount Carmel,Wellington,then out to main highway for short blast to Coleman Corner into West point Wharf back to a park in Bloomfield. Had good meal at G & E restaurant in Oleary. Then headed home down other side of Highway and went down route 12 to green park for more pictures. Then worked our way down all the small villages back to Tyne Valley,Summerside and back to Cornwall. Here is 3 pic, 1 is Behind Mount Carmel church,If u look close u can see Confederation Bridge in back ground with large ship just came under it.( more than 30 miles from where I am). 2 pic is park in bloomfield. 3 pic is Green park.

Attachments

• 100_1098.JPG
    100_1098.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_1102.JPG
    100_1102.JPG
    270.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_1105.JPG
    100_1105.JPG
    253.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sounds like a great day. Days are closing in and lots of wet ones in the mix leaving very few nice days for rips and cruises . Jackie and I did a cruise today as well ... left Rothesay via #100 to hampton then on the #121 to Sussex then to the #114 through
Penobsquis and down through Fundy Park, did a few trails and then into Alma for a pint @ Holy Wale Brewery and a late lunch at Boathouse . Was a great day , foliage was spectacular ..

Both sound like nice drives.
Great pictures.
Always enjoyed Alma and the park ever since working in Hillsborough from 1989 to 1993.
Back then I would run the trails in the park and get a treat of sticky buns afterwards.
Nowadays a favorite daytrip in the Mustang is up highway #17 to Campbellton, Dalhousie and Charlo.
Grab a lunch and do it all back in opposite direction.
Lots of work by DOT last couple years. Highway #17 in good shape.
Two lanes, twisting and elevation changes. Plus Mountains and shoreline at the other end.
Hard to beat.

Festus;n26231 said:
Were is the fall run for 2019

I will start the thread at the end of the month.
For those that do not know, the process is like this.
Typically it moves from province to province
so each year the run is in different province, but that has never been set in stone.
But till now thats how it works.
So next year should be PEI, when the thread starts members can post suggestions for runs.
after a few weeks we will design it so each member can vote on areas.
Because of the time of year, it does not have to be a fast process.
We will leave suggestions up for 3 plus weeks, to make sure all active members
see it and can have a say. Then we put in vote form and let people vote for several weeks.
once that is completed, we know where the run is and can begin to put it together.
This gives us plenty of time for Gerry ( our run designer) to put it together.
Last year he lots of local feed back from AL in NB, this helps immensely to avoid construction etc.
Hopefully where ever the run is we can have locals help with this.
Hotels, restaurants and all will be sorted out by mid summer. So people then have time to plan it
book time needed to go, hotels what ever is required.
Also we tend to promote this with hopes to get new local folks out as well.

Back