Maritimemustang.com 2020 Calendar Photo Contest.

pei_guy;n32694 said:
Sounds like you're early stages in planning a road trip, Gerry! Ford Performance racing school moving to North Carolina could be a stop to on the way to Tennessee and a loop back to the Mustang Owner's Museum and home.

OH god ... you guys start to make me dream road tripping right there .... :rolleyes:

That sounds interesting- Tail of the Dragon- some additional roads while there- blue ridge parkway, etc. The Museum in Charlotte , maybe fit in the Carlisle Ford Nationals ? The planning also includes a loop to Watkins glen on the way home , if I’m going to dream I might as well dream big

Not bad shots all around, but those last two pics posted are really well done, in composition, focus and lighting.

Just occurred to me that the last few winning shots on the forum home page competition could be automatic entries into this.

05 gt 5spd;n32696 said:
That sounds interesting- Tail of the Dragon- some additional roads while there- blue ridge parkway, etc. The Museum in Charlotte , maybe fit in the Carlisle Ford Nationals ? The planning also includes a loop to Watkins glen on the way home , if I’m going to dream I might as well dream big

Dreaming too big makes it a fantasy cruise.... just into the margins of "unreasonable" means the peer pressure and manageable options sound real. It will be the same for Festus and his new mustang! I'm keeping mine shined up for the next time he pulls in with a blue brother to mine!

Something about using the right tool for the job, cell phone pics are great for posting on a forum, but at a minimum, I think for calendar shots a simple point and shoot would produce a better pic.

Theres a whole new thread on tips for taking decent pics of cars, I did one on Mustang Canada that was pretty basic, but didn't bother copying and pasting it before MC went all Titanic.

The cellphones and their camera's have come a long way from what they used to be. Plenty of great shots have appeared on here taken by cellphones. It is the reality of the world we live in. Plenty of people no longer own cameras.

The cameras and the lenses that are out there now are crazy. And priced crazy as well. Lol

SVT4MT;n32700 said:
Something about using the right tool for the job, cell phone pics are great for posting on a forum, but at a minimum, I think for calendar shots a simple point and shoot would produce a better pic.

Theres a whole new thread on tips for taking decent pics of cars, I did one on Mustang Canada that was pretty basic, but didn't bother copying and pasting it before MC went all Titanic.

Definitely should start up a new thread for that for sure.

pei_guy;n32698 said:
Dreaming too big makes it a fantasy cruise.... just into the margins of "unreasonable" means the peer pressure and manageable options sound real. It will be the same for Festus and his new mustang! I'm keeping mine shined up for the next time he pulls in with a blue brother to mine!

Last time I started dreaming ended up with travel for 14,000 kms and 26 days - who knows?

05 gt 5spd;n32717 said:
Last time I started dreaming ended up with travel for 14,000 kms and 26 days - who knows?

And you are still rejoicing in it!!!!! There is a reason both our cars still have our Mustangs Across America banners on them! ??

Last edited:
Back