Man Cave or Garage

Rec room reno, best I can tell this is orignal from 35-40 years ago.
time for updates and were doing complete reno, ripping out old panneling, flooring, new floor in laubdy and cleaning that up, new face for fireplace and new base, along with new flooring, lights and paint, Update doors and some electrical etc.
couple before pic's after most stuff gone.D3BD711D-1657-46AF-9354-83689CBCFF1C.jpeg
ECF8DC97-9353-4EFF-890F-2F3A37E0473B.jpeg

I sold everything that was in basement.
Furniture never got listed and gone
treadmill 45 minutes.
elliptical 1.5 hours.
pool table 4 hours.
wood stove 6 hours.
Projection TV and screen 2 days
Ab coaster machine 10 days.
I put everything on facebook market place,
first time I used and worked half decent

So it was pretty much bare when dumpster arrived for demo.
I could say it will be new man cave, but based on the way
conversations are going it might be new wife cave :rolleyes:

Nice and fresh new look, pretty much everything upgraded, now to furnish
Aliona has new sofa and lounger ordered, I was going to get neew stove then lock down happened.
Also need new TV as I got rid of projection unit, a couple of pic's to give you and idea.

7AD78FE3-7A69-45FB-9656-8A614BAF4429.jpeg
C78C5908-8E10-4879-A2D2-88572677ACB5.jpeg

Some new additions, screw the garage, these are going in the living room. lol

Two of my favourite Roadkill projects , the Rotsun and Stubby Bob.

Just need to order up a couple of 24x36 frames.

View attachment 44879
View attachment 44880
Nice for sure, one of my favorite shows and Also like those glasses from Moosehead brewery in the oldest city in Canada. which also happens to be my home town ??

Just a heads up if you're looking for what I would consider as a fairly economical way to protect your enthusiast posters for the man cave or garage.........

I found this basic black aluminum frame from Staples, it's got plexiglass in front, so a little less fragile than glass.

I ordered them yesterday after posting that pic, and I was surprised when they showed up by UPS today at lunch.

Pretty quick job to get them set up, there's a series of clips on the back that are easy to remove when you're mounting the poster, and it has a particle board backing thats pretty solid, and it even comes with clips and wire to hang it. There was enough wire in one frame package to do both of them.

Price wise, they were $35 each, all in to the door, which I thought was pretty reasonable, and as I said, its a clean way to show off your posters and protects them.

Damn....didn't mean to turn this into a product review. lol

IMG_2231.jpeg

Incidentally, speaking of the Moosehead brewery on the west side, I used to hit the retail store every time I was back home.

Last time I was back was June 2019, and I was disappointed that the retail store was closed, back in the day they had really good quality sweatshirts and hoodies, and I got my fair share of glasses through the years......lol

IMG_2232.jpeg

Last edited:
My Father worked at Moosehead many years ago, remember going there as a kid
had draft tap piped right to lunch room and old coke cooler filled with beer for employees
on break, my how times have changed. He drank the first Ten Penny that was produced on the line
and bought the last case in his local NSLC when they discontinue that beer.
Find one of those glasses, likely rare now :)

Love the pic's in frames, nice touch, protects and takes it up a notch.

Recently landed some FOMOCO swag for the garage.

A laminated poster from ‘94 of the then new generation SN95, following all the Fox years.

It was 30 years in and an homage to the original with three throw back queues.
1- return of horse in the grille.
2- return of rear side scoops.
3- return to triple lens taillights.

It was made to mimic a reflection in water.
I think it was meant to be hung with the 94 up because the 64 1/2 looks like it’s in the water.
But I’m displaying it with the 64 1/2 up.

9DB4F0B1-38B8-4E9D-AD83-6F52FC4C9A47.jpeg

516EE686-610B-4922-9A6F-9252636DC972.jpeg

Last edited:
Back