Looking for 2005-2010 GT 5 speed Convertable

Rich06

Navigator
Angie’s 1983 convertible is needing more work than I can do or that we’re willing to pay for. I’m looking for a similar vintage GT 5 speed convertible to my 06 GT convertible automatic so I can swap some of the performance part over and Angie can drive the white one

Following up, anyone near Hampton NB who'd like to check out a car for me?

I caught it on very first picture.
The trunk gas cap.
Pony logo with tri bars.
Then saw front bumper.
Different from GT bumper.
Knew they grafted fog lights on there.

There's always the drive by posters that sign up to websites like this purely to sell their stuff and then never return (ever) to check on their ads ??

Sorry, pet peeve. Carry on.....

I suppose you could always eyeball dealer lots for trade ins ??

As usual, there's a lot of sketchy people out there, so you really have to do your homework.

It's an unusual combination to find a fellow enthusiast who's upfront, legit and fair in the pricing.

There's always the drive by posters that sign up to websites like this purely to sell their stuff and then never return (ever) to check on their ads ??

Sorry, pet peeve. Carry on.....

I suppose you could always eyeball dealer lots for trade ins ??

As usual, there's a lot of sketchy people out there, so you really have to do your homework.

It's an unusual combination to find a fellow enthusiast who's upfront, legit and fair in the pricing.
Yes you are bang on there with some of your points. When I sell something I like to point out everything that I think or know is wrong with it. I would rather someone know what they are getting then thwm we ate their time coming and finding stuff them selves. I don't like to be on the receiving end of that one.

A quick experience, our son wanted a Lancer so we found one 2 hours away. Asked all the questions I would typically ask and images looked good so the guy checked off all the boxes. We decide to make the trip early on a Saturday morning. We told the guy we would be there by 11. We show up and he is still in bed. Comes out 15 mins later. He had been on a bender the night before. Had a good 15 minutes to look over the car and it was not at all in the shape he lead me to believe. We take it for a rip and as soon as I turn out of the driveway I hear beer bottles clinging in the trunk. He had been on a binder the night before and was throwing his empties in there. I asked him and that is what he said. Only honest thing he had told me so far. Lol

Some people are not honest unfortunately.

Last edited:
Besides Kijiji and Facebook marketplace where are good sites to look for used Mustangs ?

I’ve always liked Autotrader.
Lots of dealers use it because they can buy accounts and post directly themselves.
No Autotrader employee needed.

Extend your range to 1000 km and use some of the filters.
Such as mileage, max you want to see.
Price, max and minimum you willing to pay.
You will get all Maritime, Quebec and Ontario inventory with that distance.

You can make a short list to work with.

I found my 06 in Mississauga through Autotrader.
At the Woodbine auto group.
They were able to tell me a lady traded it in.

I asked a friend in the GTA to look at it.
He told me if I didn’t buy it, he would.
I bought it site unseen.
No regrets.

Wow, thats unreal, empties in the back and a bender the night before, wake up late for an agreed meeting time....... way to make a sale. lol

No substitute for eyes on, and I'll agree.......autotrader is a good place to do your homework.

Phil bough a couple out of ontario, I had a friend buy a $40k chevelle out of California
site unseen, he paid a dealer 300 to look at it and add shipping.
If you do it right normally your fine, Dealers you pay a bit more but bigger dealers rarely keep
junk on the lot, they ship out to small sub dealers, so odds are you pay a bit more, but not bad cars
and they will help with shipping or hold till you get there, if you pay

Privates are trickier and doing due diligence is worth while.
Some people are idiots, some want way to much, as I get older,
I just say thanks and leave, lifes to short for the rest.

Keep this in mind, with the pandemic, used toys of almost any kind are
at a premium, so odds of getting screaming deal are a lot less, can you find good car
yes, great deal, less likely, supply demand is a reality, shop with patience and you will be fine.

Lespac also pretty good but based out of la belle province de Quebec.
Dealers also post on this one but you have to be careful of the rebuilt titles from smaller dealers and those who import from the U.S. (cars from flood zones are not uncommon). Used car dealerships registered with AMVOQ are considered safe.

Three out of the four Mustangs I’ve owned have come from out of town. One Quebec, one Ontario and the newest Alberta. All three have been great and only the 2016 gave me a bit of a challenge. And that was more to do with getting it here than the vehicle itself. Had videos, pictures and did as much homework as I could. I’d do it again if need be.

Three out of the four Mustangs I’ve owned have come from out of town. One Quebec, one Ontario and the newest Alberta. All three have been great and only the 2016 gave me a bit of a challenge. And that was more to do with getting it here than the vehicle itself. Had videos, pictures and did as much homework as I could. I’d do it again if need be.
Plenty of similar stories like this out there tgats for sure.

Back