Kids enjoying our Stangs. Tell us your stories

2001BlackGTvert

Administrator
Staff member
So some of us have kids and part of enjoying this great passion we have for our cars is hoping they enjoy it as much as we do at some point. So a little back story. We have owned our 01 for 10 years this month. When we got it both of our kids then 4 and 6 years old were in booster seats. I remember putting a towel on the seat before Straping the seats in to protect my back seat that had never been sat in. Lol. My son has come to some of the cars shows with me and likes cars for the most part. My daughter enjoys it but is not as passionate about it.

Fast forward to the present our kids rarely want to come for a drive anymore as that is not cool of course. So my Daughter is 14 years old and She came out Sunday for a long drive with the wife and I which was cool. We got to act a little crazy. Something she has not really wanted to do for a while. We had a great time.

My son is 16 and has his learners permit. I have been telling everyone including him that he would probably never drive my car. Lol. I remember how I was at that age. So anyways last night I said Jacob what you doing he said not much I said you want to go driving? As I dangled the keys of the Stang in front of him. He did not believe me. I said well you want to go or not. He said yes. He was very nervous as he knows how I treat the car. Lol. He did very well and the look on his face was priceless when he was able to drive down Main street in the drivers seat. We ended up going to park on Mountain road to have a coffee and chat with Elide, Tony and Eric. I think he really enjoyed his little run and I enjoyed being able to share that with him.

I realized again last night it is just a car but it has helped create so many memories along the way. Looking forward to many more with family and friends.

And here is proof that I may have completely lost my mind. Lol

Attachments

• photo1533.jpg
    photo1533.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo1534.jpg
    photo1534.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Very cool, not sure I would do the same, my son is out west and enjoys the car and cars in general,
but not like I do. My Step son, is car crazy, but not sure I am as Generous as Charlie :)

Haha. I was a little nervous but I was also proud at the same time. He demonstrated to me on our other vehicle that he was ready. Yeah I will not lie....I did debate it for a little bit. Now glad I did it. Will he get it once he gets his full licence when I am not sitting next to him? Time will tell. Lol

I was thinking that, its funny.
Would you let him drive it now.
I was thinking you might be safer if he was alone LOL

He's still not allowed near the 92 by himself.

He drove the Cobra a few times so far...

Thats funny, I think your father is cool, Hope I am the same as I age.
I say age, because I hope I never grow up :)

Max I have a tough one for you.
What would you do, if you were on duty and your father went by LOL
Maybe better you don't answer :)

I got my 01 in 2011. My 2 Boys were 19 and 22.

No Family Members have ever driven my BULLITT.

It is a 5 Speed, and they have only driven Automatic.

One of the reasons I bought a Standard Shift Car.

My Oldest has no interest in Cars (He owns an 08 Focus, and a car is a means of transportation to him, nothing else).

My Youngest is the opposite, Car Crazy. He enjoyed attending Car Shows with me before he moved to Newfoundland 3 years ago.

He plans on visiting the first 2 weeks of July and will attend a few Car Shows when he is here.

He has already requested and I confirmed with him, he is getting the Bullitt when I am done driving it. (Hopefully not for another 20 years or more).

:FordSmile

Back