I need new tires! What's everyone running these days?

Last fall I placed the Hercules Avalanche X-Treme LT on my F-150 2013 crew and found they worked very well for me. It is what got me into the brand. A local private tire shop 5 minutes away can supply good prices on par with the big city shops which is a win - win.

I’ve run on the Firehawks for the past 2 seasons. Good all around tire. Reasonably priced. Max is on his 2nd set with some autocross runs, so he may have some additional feedback. I will likely pick up another set this year. No hesitation recommending them!

How many KM do you get out of your tires and did you track it?
Normally I change every spring, I have not tracked in last two years, might get out this year.
Time depends on track sessions, but season 6-7000km
if local only running might get8-10k without track time.

I normally change every spring before dyon run, so fresh not great in rain
so atleast new before we go lol.

Remember mine are spec'ed to car, so about half the tread of normal sport cup 2 tire.

Normally I change every spring, I have not tracked in last two years, might get out this year.
Time depends on track sessions, but season 6-7000km
if local only running might get8-10k without track time.

I normally change every spring before dyon run, so fresh not great in rain
so atleast new before we go lol.

Remember mine are spec'ed to car, so about half the tread of normal sport cup 2 tire.
Ok thanks I believe the ones on the Mach are the same. I was looking and it looks like around 3200 a set is that what you normally pay. I may switch to the sport cup 4s I believe that’s what they are it’s one step down and keep the ones that are on there if a ever track or drag it?

Ok thanks I believe the ones on the Mach are the same. I was looking and it looks like around 3200 a set is that what you normally pay. I may switch to the sport cup 4s I believe that’s what they are it’s one step down and keep the ones that are on there if a ever track or drag it?
I found a bit of a deal, but last set I bought at ford were $3000
they ordered wrong ones ( idiots) but I had melt fronts at track and took 2 weeks to get
so I put them on untill I could get right ones.

I don't figure I have to mod my car, so tires are my mod money ever year :ROFLMAO:

Well my drive today is proof I need new sneakers.
Although still cool day on roads.

50% tread still on tires, but over 2 years old.
On my way to meet guys for run, leaving lights,
2nd gear 7000rpm guessing 60mph ( wasn't looking)
Car broke loose and weeeeee sideways we go :)
Fun, but a little less when not expecting it LOL.

I need fresh rubber, better traction :)

Last edited:
Back