How old and how did you learn to drive?

I always had dirt bikes and 3 wheelers growing up, so I new the basics of driving a car. i think I was around 12 when I first started driving. I had an uncle that used to restore MG's, so his garage and camp in Bellisle always had lots of MG's around , my brother and cousins would take them out and drive the old country back roads, and we never wrecked one either.

Grew up in the Big City, so it was Driver Education and Licence at 16 for me. But I racked up a lot of miles the following year when my Dad was sidelined with Cancer and I replaced him in his small Delivery business while he recovered from surgery and did full time delivery in Montreal for the six months while supporting my Family at the same time.

Same as OH2BBAD likely under 10 driving the tractor while all the men would load the hay wagon. One of them would help me make the 180 turn at the edge of the field and I just kept it straight ahead til next turn. Some what like Nascar.
At 13, my dads friend would let me take his bug around the back roads. At 16ish one of dads friends with a Celica said take it for a drive, don't shift to the next gear until you get to 6000 rpm.

Same as OH2BBAD likely under 10 driving the tractor while all the men would load the hay wagon. One of them would help me make the 180 turn at the edge of the field and I just kept it straight ahead til next turn. Some what like Nascar.
At 13, my dads friend would let me take his bug around the back roads. At 16ish one of dads friends with a Celica said take it for a drive, don't shift to the next gear until you get to 6000 rpm.
I remember driving the hay truck one year, could reach pedals lol.
Uncle John's one year to beat the tractor around the field, wonder I didn't kill myself
I was on 2 wheels couple times lol.
Drove Uncles Brand new Monte Carlo ( company car)
Up and down laneway in Bridgetown.

First unauthorized road trip was in 68 charger about 2 miles and we got caught LOL.

Different time and place, not sure how many trips we were in back of halftone truck lol.

I can’t remember exactly.
Growing up on farm, seems like been driving forever.
Must have been 8 or 9.
Mowing grass on cub cadet ride on mower.
Raking hay on B-275 tall configuration IH diesel tractor.
Going to post pick of it when snow gone.
We still have it.
Driving pickup while in first gear.
Didn’t shift but could let clutch out and go and then clutch in and stop.
Driving hey truck in field by 11 or 12 while helpers loaded.
Still have that old truck too but engine and tranny gone out of it. It was a dump truck so short bed on it.

I guess the statute of limitations must have run out by now so I've been on the road since 14 and across the maritimes at 15 with my dad as a co-pilot.Funny thing was my Mother said my Dad wouldn't drive with anyone else but as soon as we were out of sight of the house he pulled over and told me to drive.I drove a 1978 Ford Ltd company car all summer long between provinces as my dad was a travelling salesman.I still remember going past a huge roadblock between Saint John and St.Stephen and my dad said drive slow and don't look nervous.I also drove through Toronto at 15 and don't
remember being nervous.Got licence at 16 and a year later bought a street bike,drove it to Shediac and told SNB i needed a license.An hour later I drove home with a motorcycle licence.Since then I went back for a class 4 chauffeur license and air brakes.I went for a class 2 bus license but the bus died before I could take the road test.I have had a guardian angel on my shoulder all these years.Thank you Lord.Also times are much different now.

Back