Hi beams and driving lights on at same time?

2008BlackCSGT

To all the smart people out there.... Anyone know if there is an easy way to make the driving lights stay on when the hi beams are on also? Currently they automatically turn off soon as the hi beams come on, I would like them to stay on for 2 reasons, 1 to full in the road better and 2/ when I turn the hi beams off, the driving lights come on with the dims and approaching drivers seem to think I have turned on brighter lights because they see 4 on instead of 2. Running an 2008 if that makes any difference.

I'm not one of the smart people lol, but I will say I got tired of people flashing their high beams every time I had the driving lights on with my '06.

I always flashed the high beams back, and eventually got so tired of it I stopped using the driving lights at all.

Good luck, there has to be a relay somewhere that you can bypass to defeat the driving light shut off when the high beams are on.

To all the smart people out there.... Anyone know if there is an easy way to make the driving lights stay on when the hi beams are on also? Currently they automatically turn off soon as the hi beams come on, I would like them to stay on for 2 reasons, 1 to full in the road better and 2/ when I turn the hi beams off, the driving lights come on with the dims and approaching drivers seem to think I have turned on brighter lights because they see 4 on instead of 2. Running an 2008 if that makes any difference.
I checked into this a while ago along with turning off DRL.Not for our year , but anyone with a ford reprogramming and diagnostic tool can access it in newer generations .. if i see Scott this week I'll ask him again to be sure..

It may not be legal but read this.

Glenn, did you try this ? Or anyone ..?
Anyone with these cars know the lights do suck .
I might give it a go at some point . Would be nice for extra light driving alone in the dark.. i was also toying with the idea to out a single row LED light bar behind my lower grille on a seperate switch..

I checked into this a while ago along with turning off DRL.Not for our year , but anyone with a ford reprogramming and diagnostic tool can access it in newer generations .. if i see Scott this week I'll ask him again to be sure..
Thanks for the idea of running a direct feed to the driving lights, did it yesterday and now they are on all the time, whether hi or lo beams are on. Haven't tried at night yet but should be a great improvement.

Back