Gt500

Don’t want to beat this to death but base price of GT350 now is $76000.
Base price of GT500 is $94000.
That’s only in the range of 24% more.
Not 50% and cetainly not double.
For the curious, GT350R base price is $92000.

The first 350’s saw light approaching 7 years ago. Not sure it’s fair to compare that far back.
They have jumped in price too thanks to consumer demand and willingness to buy at current prices, so that is the market now.

For what they are, also not fair to compare to base GT or ecoboost.
Would have to start comparison with Bullitt or PP2, both of which start at around $50000.
So they are not quite double those but close.

Up to each consumer to decide if worth it in each case.
65% more power.
Way more braking and handling. Way more.
Array of cooling fit for the space station.
Can’t simply be looked at as an expensive Mustang.
Have to appreciate what’s in the total package.

I can talk a bit about market in maritimes.
MacPhee Ford are in the position of being the only SVT dealer in Atlantic Canada.
They cover the four provinces.

There is a waiting list for the GT500 because of allocations.
We tried to get one for one of our customers from MacPhee.
Initially they stated they would accommodate our request but when they learned how many allocations they were getting for the initial run, they politely told us they were not in a position to do so.
Our request is likely on that waiting list.
My understanding is they got only 5 allocations.
Even if that number is not exact, point is they did not get many.
They can likely sell those in Halifax alone, or N.S. for sure.
So, N.B., PEI and Nflnd are not top priority.

And in Ford’s eyes, all of Atlantic Canada is not a big market compared to southern Ontario, for example, so they are not likely to get many more.
The waiting list will likely be there for a while.
Only option is to turn to Quebec or Ontario dealers to try and scrape something up.
There too, they will prioritize their local market before outside requests.

With scarcity like that, the price is not such the determining factor anymore.

I'm not going to beat this to death either, but I'm talking pricing in 2016 vs 2020, so my comparison is not as far back as you figure it is.

Base price for a GT350 in May 2016 was $52k, $94k for a base GT500 in Aug 2020 is close enough to double for me within a four year window.

Granted, 2017 saw that base go from $52k to $62k with the added coolers and such....I lost touch with the pricing, so I didn't see the base climb to $76k, got me there. The GT350 isn't on the ford.ca Build & Price anymore, so I'll take you at your word as an informed source.

When I considered buying in 2016, it was at the limits of what I could do, so if I was faced with making the same decision today, theres no way in hell I could pull off $150k for a Mustang, no matter how good it is. I'm really fortunate that I bought when I did, and got the car I did for the money I paid.

The GT500 is good, maybe better than the GT350, but I don't think its twice the car for twice the money.....

This could turn in to one of those back and forth debates, so I make my counter points respectfully, as adults and enthusiasts with differing opinions having a spirited conversation about the cars we love. I've found during my time here that your input to this site is always informative and well spoken, so I'm not interested in sniping back and forth.

In the end, with the trickle down effect of the different parts used in each model to the GT and such, we all win.

I give full props to anyone who can enjoy the GT500, I'm still waiting to hear the whine of that supercharger under the hood of a Raptor.

Then I'll pay $150k. lol

Last edited:
Hey no worries.
I’m not put off at all and is not my intention either to spite someone or show someone up.

I see this as an adult conversation between two car guys as if we were having a beer together at the local pub or between periods at the hockey game.

Each potential client can and should make their own assessment based on their wants and financial situation.

BTW, the Shelbys can be priced on Ford.ca build and price.
At least as of last night
Here’s a quick screen shot of the regular 350.

28869E4D-B5DB-4EC9-8B17-49E6359B6BD4.png

Ha ha ha .....nailed it....yes, definitely beers at the pub, I'll take a Moose Red and first round is on me.

This is where I find this forum a refreshing change from the rest, credit to all who frequent Maritime Mustang.

One of these days, I'll get tired of putting my foot in my mouth, have to stop making my shoes out of filet mignon....

You are correct sir, the GT350 is indeed still on the ford.ca website. I stand corrected.

Cheers ! Mike

For anyone following along or interested I thought I would share the following.

It’s an auto GT with PP1 only and variable exhaust.
No magnaride.
It lists $59000 as per MSRP
Magnaride would bump it up to $61000.

So now this number is kind of the ballpark comparison number to the $76000 and $94000 numbers, considering the 500 is also automatic equipped.

This new perspective closes the gap a bit more.
The decision lies ultimately with each potential buyer.

And just wait.
The Mach 1 is going to close that gap even further.

BTW, Aaron, the reason I was handling this particular car this morning is because we are dealer trading it to FairIsle Ford.
They have a client on it, so you may ser it out your way soon.

88B15172-9F75-4F16-85ED-55757E18B859.jpeg

25C25F11-165A-45B2-ABC7-DC1F291058FB.jpeg

Last edited:
Ha ha ha .....nailed it....yes, definitely beers at the pub, I'll take a Moose Red and first round is on me.

This is where I find this forum a refreshing change from the rest, credit to all who frequent Maritime Mustang.

One of these days, I'll get tired of putting my foot in my mouth, have to stop making my shoes out of filet mignon....

You are correct sir, the GT350 is indeed still on the ford.ca website. I stand corrected.

Cheers ! Mike
Moose red is not red any more..
I remember last summer my buddy from BC came down to visit and was pissed, he thought they didn't make it anymore came over with alpine until i opened my fridge and showed him ..lol..
I still prefer the look of the old bottle ..
moosehead-moosehead-pale-ale_1462217186.pngmoosehead-pale-ale-beer.jpg

I can get Moose (formerly) Red and Alpine here in Ontario, I thought the new Moosehead label was a step backwards myself.

I recall back in the early 2000's when Alpine and Moosehead weren't available in Ontario, I drove to NB one year to visit and drove home with about five 24's of each in the bed of the truck. lol

Back to our regularly scheduled program.

Got to see my first GT500 in person today. Beautiful car. The owner of Downey Ford got it today, no plastic will be taken off or window stickers. Car went right to his storage unit with all his other new, no mileage cars for no one to see or drive for many years to come image000003.jpg
image000000.jpg
image000002.jpgimage000000 (1).jpg

(sigh) Nice ride, but I'm of the belief that this whole buying and parking mindset.....really is such a waste of a great car.

It's essentially a $125,000 Hot Wheels at this point. :LOL:

But on the flip side, if you've got the cash to buy it and let it sit there doing nothing, who am I to tell anyone how to spend their money ?

I got my GT500 at Walmart, it was $124,998.75 cheaper......and gives me the same enjoyment !!!!

Got to see my first GT500 in person today. Beautiful car. The owner of Downey Ford got it today, no plastic will be taken off or window stickers. Car went right to his storage unit with all his other new, no mileage cars for no one to see or drive for many years to come View attachment 41980
View attachment 41981
View attachment 41982View attachment 41983
Beautiful car, but IMO he misses the point, when he is old sitting in a rocking chair and not able to drive,
presuming he still has his mind, his stories will be of the cars in a garage,, he has never drove, never felt the thrill
of stepping on the gas or a tight corner, when he passes, someone will drive or sell these cars and make more money
and more important get the thrill of driving such amazing cars.

Back