Getting logged off

AC Bill

You wouldn't believe how many posts of mine never get posted, because of this forums bloody settings, logging me off.

Some times it takes me awhile to compose something, and when I'm finished and ready to post it, I can't, because I have been logged out.

I don't have the patience to re do the same post from scratch, and since I am already logged out, I usually just go to another site.
Be sure nice if that could be adjusted..

I took a quick look under the admin settings but couldn't see anything regarding this. Will pass it on to Mike and see if he can suggest anything or check further into the settings.

Only thing I can think of (until Mike looks into it) is clicking the "remember me" box when logging on? Probably not it but thought I would mention it.

Howdy All;

I have had a look at the settings and it looks like the system is set to disconnect after being idle for 15 minutes. I have cranked this up to 60 minutes.

This should alleviate some of the issue. Checking the remember me button will also helps with this but is not a complete solution.

Cranking this value up comes with some minor inconveniences such as it will now take 60 minutes to log you out on the Who is online page for example, if you close the page without logging off.

Try it now and let me know if it is still an issue.

AC Bill;n3713 said:
You wouldn't believe how many posts of mine never get posted, because of this forums bloody settings, logging me off.

Some times it takes me awhile to compose something, and when I'm finished and ready to post it, I can't, because I have been logged out.

I don't have the patience to re do the same post from scratch, and since I am already logged out, I usually just go to another site.
Be sure nice if that could be adjusted..

But do you get that good of a tech service on the other site? :rofl

Kidding, but yeah there is so many different settings to modify when putting up a new forum that you can't all get them right from the first time. Luckily, we've got Mike to cover those issues for us. And thanks to you Bill for reporting it!

Maybe I just need to learn to type faster..lol..I didn't know I even had 15 minutes before I was logged off, it seemed more like five. I have to admit I don't use the "remember me" button, but I never have on any forum, and never got logged off because of not using it. Usually it just allows you to close the page, leave the site, then come back to the site later, and still be logged on. I use Chrome Incognito on purpose so I don't get cookies.

I do find that times passes by very quickly when your immersed in something on the internet. In some cases I will be writing a post, and then want to add a picture, so I'm looking through my picture files, and get caught up in them, before finally going back to finish the post.

An hour should make a difference, so thanks Mike and whoever made the change ups. Now That's Service ! :)

Cool ?

Hopefully that will fix it. New forum, new software so it's a learning process for sure. More for Mike than the rest of us lol

Last edited:
Canuck166;n3753 said:
Cool ?

Hopefully that will fix it. New forum, new software so it's a learning process for sure. More for Mike than the rest of us lol

Thats because the rest of us don't know crap about this stuff anyway :rofl

Canuck166;n3753 said:
Cool ?

Haha. I misses a word in there. Should have said more "work" for Mike than the rest of us lol. Oooppps

AC Bill;n3751 said:
Maybe I just need to learn to type faster..lol..I didn't know I even had 15 minutes before I was logged off, it seemed more like five. I have to admit I don't use the "remember me" button, but I never have on any forum, and never got logged off because of not using it. Usually it just allows you to close the page, leave the site, then come back to the site later, and still be logged on. I use Chrome Incognito on purpose so I don't get cookies.

I do find that times passes by very quickly when your immersed in something on the internet. In some cases I will be writing a post, and then want to add a picture, so I'm looking through my picture files, and get caught up in them, before finally going back to finish the post.

An hour should make a difference, so thanks Mike and whoever made the change ups. Now That's Service ! :)
If I plan on typing something long I will put it into word and then cut and paste into the forum. I find the spell check in word is better, lord know I need that. Then I can save the word document for future use too.

Back