For Those Who May Not Know About The Clay Bar

totaljustice

I started getting the car ready for the long winter's nap this morning and always start with the clay bar. I've only started using these for probably about the last three or four years. This isn't going to be a how to or a product review. It's just a blurb about how well they work and that they should be in anyone's detailing tool box if you want to preserve the finish of your car, truck, quad, bike or whatever. I was doing the deed this morning and started thinking about how glad I was that I started using these. This particular one was from a Simoniz Kit from Canadian Tire. Bought for no other reason than it was the least expensive on the shelf although I'm sure that all the different types produce similar results. If you don't know what a clay bar is for then this is for you.

As you use your vehicle, airborne deposits attach to all the exterior surfaces of your ride. Exhaust, Bird droppings, dust, microscopic droplets of grease, oil flung up from your own wheels as well as anything else you can imagine collects as your ride is exposed to the environment and, believe it or not, does not come completely off when you wash and or wax your ride. This is where the clay bar comes in. These little wonders harmlessly take all environmental contamination off your paint and leave behind a truly clean surface in preparation for detailing. Be advised though that they also remove all wax or polish as well so that would be the next step after the clay bar application.

Anyway there are lots of resources out there as far as product reviews and how to use them and this isn't meant to bore anyone with that. I've attached two before and after pictures as an example of how well they work. First of all when you look at how much ends up on the bar, keep in mind that my beloved Alexis is stored in a garage, rarely sees so much as a raindrop, is washed up to three times a week (weekly at minimum) and waxed weekly. Also the car is driven about 5000 kms a season now. So with all that being said the car is pretty well cared for and when you think of that and you look at the picture of the used clay bar section, that dirt came only from cleaning the back window with it and that is nothing compared to what came off the bumpers or the lower parts of the car. So long story short, you can see for yourself how well it takes even more dirt of a cleaned vehicle and if you have any intention of taking the best care of your ride then you should add these to your arsenal of cleaning products.

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 3
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Alexis In Her Normal Clean.jpg
    Alexis In Her Normal Clean.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 3
Been using clay bars for years, amazing difference to run your fingers down the hood before and after.

First thing after I take delivery of any vehicle is a clay bar rub down, wash and Zaino, followed by window tint. lol

Back