Flat tire fix?

Mineral Grey

I think some of our cars have over sized tires so what do you do if you get a flat ?. Use spare anyway? Or carry plugs or spray can like slime or fix a Flat? I keep a full plug repair kit with me , a tire inflator, and a can of fix a flat...I could get away with a spare on the front but not the back.

I think some of our cars have over sized tires so what do you do if you get a flat ?. Use spare anyway? Or carry plugs or spray can like slime or fix a Flat? I keep a full plug repair kit with me , a tire inflator, and a can of fix a flat...I could get away with a spare on the front but not the back.
I don't carry any of that stuff. Just roadside assistance. But it may not be a bad idea to add some of thag to the trunk.

Nothing but a 12V compressor in my car, between the staggered tire set up and weight savings, no room for even a mini spare.

I think a can of that fix-a-flat goop is probably a good idea, and with a compressor you'd probably get where you need to go.

With just a compressor, depending on the size of the leak, stopping to top it off could take a lot of stops.

Good news on mine is that the on-board readout tells you what the pressure is on all four corners, so you can keep an eye on it before it gets dangerously low.

On some of the US forums, there have been guys that sourced out a wheel/tire combo that would work for a full size spare, but I can't be bothered.

Right now I just pray it never happens. lol

IMG_2977.jpeg

Mine has a spare, but I carry plugs and compressor- they are the first choice. As for the staggered cars - it’s amazing what combo’s you can run to get off the highway . I’ve had to move a rear to the front to run the mini spare in the back where it would clear brakes to get someone home after they hit a bad hole and broke an aftermarket rim . No tight turns , It was not a fast trip to a tire shop but at the time neither of us had CAA or phones for call a friend And leaving it on the highway was not a good option.

Back