Conversation 2022 fall run PEI

Aaron's suggested route from Summerside to North Cape fits the morning limit (1 hours 37 minutes driving). Summerside to North Cape

If we have 3 hours of driving in the afternoon then North Cape to Summerside via #14 and #11 along the shore would be 2 hours 21 minutes driving. North Cape to Summerside via shore There are numerous opportunities to cut back from the shore route to #2 highway for a shorter way back if it is needed or if some roads are deemed too rough by next fall (ie lower end of #11).

Aaron's suggested route from Summerside to North Cape fits the morning limit (1 hours 37 minutes driving). Summerside to North Cape

If we have 3 hours of driving in the afternoon then North Cape to Summerside via #14 and #11 along the shore would be 2 hours 21 minutes driving. North Cape to Summerside via shore There are numerous opportunities to cut back from the shore route to #2 highway for a shorter way back if it is needed or if some roads are deemed too rough by next fall (ie lower end of #11).
But no washrooms or places for dinner

Come spring we can do more checking on restaurants and bathroom stops. Many or most places are seasonal for tourism and are currently closed and are difficult to communicate with right now. Don't write places off just yet please. Next fall is a long ways off!

Thank you everyone so far for your suggestions. It is always tough to come up with a good run that has everything we need and can be done with a large group in the time we need it.The time of the year and season also has its challenges. We have some logistics to hammer out and will be setting up a poll after that. Like mentioned above so many things can change even up to the day of the run.

Like Charlie said- still lots of time for ideas , then a poll , then see what we can make work.

I don’t think there is a location on the PEI that I wouldn’t revisit. There are lots of roads, sometimes a change in direction makes for a totally different view!

Im just glad we still have our cars and can dream about enjoying the open road next year

As has been said above, lots of time, we can make this work.
Few things to remember a run with a few cars is different than 30,
30 adds quite a bit of time to route. We start this process early to give us time
to arrange everything, We have 11 months, we will sort it out.

The Island is beautiful and we will figure out a great run. We have time to check out
routes, food, washrooms, etc. Nobody has run out of gas or starved to death yet
on one of our runs ;)

Mill River Resort is open all year (45 min. north-west of Summerside) off #2. Thinking of the North West PEI run in a different way maybe we could use Mill River Resort as the staging area for the run? Possibly in the morning run the shore to North Cape returning to Mill River Resort for lunch. In the afternoon run the other way looping both the shores and back for supper. POSSIBLE MAPS: Mill River Morning Run and Mill River Afternoon Run

Just another take on it.

My 2 cents worth is no matter where we go i think should stay with everyone eat where they want system. I am also thinking if dinner time was cut to hour that would give little more seat time. Think host hotel should be in SUMMERSIDE for both nights ( just my thinking)

Last edited:
took us a bit longer than normal to post vote, due to many conversations
regarding time of year on Island and the fact many things close after labour day.
Regardless of run chosen we will make it work.

As always folks on the Island will will help with everything they can from road closures
due to construction that time of year to great photo stops. We may have to pack a lunch,
but I am sure none of us will starve to death.

As always I have faith that the group we have will create a great run, with a memorable run.
As always its about cars, people and enjoying a great weekend.

So have your say and vote. Make any more suggestions or ideas here.

Back