Conversation 2022 fall run PEI

Ohtobbad

Administrator
Staff member
Next years run will be in PEI, presuming there are no restrictions.
So we need to start with Ideas of what part of Island the run will be on.
Submit your ideas or comments and in a few weeks we will put together
3 or 4 areas for a vote. As always this is your chance to have your 2 cents. ( now a Nickel )

Gerry’s suggestion for West loop is a very nice drive. Issue comes into the amount of time to do the loop starting/ending in Summerside to drive both coastal sides. Lunch for 60 + people would likely need to be brown bagging and coffee stops are limited for a crowd. Drive is great. Food, coffee & restrooms are the challenge, from my take. There are nice smaller lunch spots, coffee shops, a Tim’s, etc. but managing 30ish cars and 60=people injects some logistical challenges.

That’s why local input is always greatly appreciate.

Lots of roads on PEI to discover - lets see some of your favourite routes.
As you mentioned washrooms and food are always “interesting obstacles “ to overcome but we have 10 months. 9 am start - 5 pm at hotel is often harder timeline to fit. Let the suggestions role in and then the fun begins!

Yes I agree the lunchtime stops can cause some issues for larger groups. This being said the new format we have a adopted at lunchtime which is basically everyone for themselves we are meeting back here at X time seem to offer a bit more flexibility.
Yes and we did this because of covid, but have come to find it works far better in
small towns and everyone is happy with it, so as they say it Aint broke don't fix it,
better than trying to heard 60 people in a place they can't handle and always end up
with odd person not happy, nature of the beast. So lunch will remain they same.

Yes and we did this because of covid, but have come to find it works far better in
small towns and everyone is happy with it, so as they say it Aint broke don't fix it,
better than trying to heard 60 people in a place they can't handle and always end up
with odd person not happy, nature of the beast. So lunch will remain they same.
Honestly makes the diner stop way less stressful to coordinate. As long as the stop city/village has a few offerings, it should all work great, pertaining the time allowed is enough for everyone to be served (which seemed to be the case in the last two installments of the run). I personnally love the format for diner time really.
Makes it easier to visit smaller/more remote and to be visited locations :)

It’s all about being informed - they you can be prepared for what’s available. First we will get lots of route ideas - then the fun begins trying to guess what will be good driving 6 months before the run. And then there is last minute road construction! Last time on PEI we got lots of new pavement - someone must have had some insight.

It’s all about being informed - they you can be prepared for what’s available. First we will get lots of route ideas - then the fun begins trying to guess what will be good driving 6 months before the run. And then there is last minute road construction! Last time on PEI we got lots of new pavement - someone must have had some insight.
Haha good points. I agree on the new pavement. I wonder if the one that had all the insight is still connected even in retirement?lol

Back