Ceramic Coatings

Wow!! Looking very good!!

I miss Tuxedo Black for that reason. Gives a ton of shine, and the flakes can hide light dust/dirt quite well (Had it on my 2013 Focus ST).

Every wash you can use a quick detailer/drying aid of choice. Lots of people use P&S Beadmaker (including me), as well as other like products. Once every 2-3 months, you will want (want is a big term, more like an optional step) to treat with a topper, simply to help the coating live it's best life.
Currently, I am using Xtreme Solutions Topper, but plan on trying Ethos Resist as well in the future (both linked here below for their respective infos). Again, lots of other stuff on the market that can do that they do. One readily available would be as well Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Flex Wax, available usually at all Canadian Tire).

https://carzilla.ca/collections/brand-xtreme-solutions/products/xtreme-solutions-topper-16oz

Just because the subject came up in the truck thread.......got a ceramic kit all ready for application in the spring.

Still Sonax, slight upgrade from the kit I used back at the start of this thread , in June / July 2022.

Not sure what the difference is , other than the new kit has a "Prepare" step in addition to "Basecoat" and "Glosscoat".

Time will tell I suppose.

IMG_5109.jpeg

This is what i use on my car

This is very great product.you get caught in rain when you arrive home next day rinse it just like you would have wash works very good.

Put small pieces in your hand then rub your hand together to make it melt then aplly direct on paint with your hand a bit funny the waY you put that on the car but worth the work since 2008 i work with this product. Would not say better then ceramic but i am satisfied with the result last long also.

This is what i use on my car

This is very great product.you get caught in rain when you arrive home next day rinse it just like you would have wash works very good.

Put small pieces in your hand then rub your hand together to make it melt then aplly direct on paint with your hand a bit funny the waY you put that on the car but worth the work since 2008 i work with this product. Would not say better then ceramic but i am satisfied with the result last long also.
Funny you prefer a quality Carnauba wax to ceramic.

The more time passes, the more I’m leaning towards that philosophy as well.

I had my wife’s new Edge ceramic coated before taking possession in 2022.
Now, I don’t think that ceramic treatment was any better than good old fashioned paint sealer.

I cleaned a bit of tree sap from the roof of the car a few months ago. In one spot the clear coat was eaten away. So ceramic not that great of a protectant.

And you can’t wax a ceramic car with your favorite wax.

I like McGuire’s ultimate wax with silicone.
Great shine and plenty of beading.
But not compatible with ceramic car.

Pros and cons to each....ceramic is less work to maintain, but like anything in life, your mileage may vary, depends on what was applied and how it was applied. Ceramic also won't help you much if you've got clear coat issues to begin with, but I hear what you're saying.

Ironic that I used ceramic on the truck, but still prefer to use Zaino on the car.

I sent my Raptor for detail, early Nov. my guy does amazing work and likely treats me far better than most
Price wise, so saying pricing would be pointless.
I dropped off Monday, picked up Sat. so I was in no rush, cleaned, detailed inside,
Cleaned outside, applied ceramic coat, sat inside for 2 days drying ( Heated garage)
then he applied carnuba wax, then buffed, left for another 2 days inside,
I have to say, incredible look and easy to clean

Guess I will need to update in spring, when ready for detail again

I sent my Raptor for detail, early Nov. my guy does amazing work and likely treats me far better than most
Price wise, so saying pricing would be pointless.
I dropped off Monday, picked up Sat. so I was in no rush, cleaned, detailed inside,
Cleaned outside, applied ceramic coat, sat inside for 2 days drying ( Heated garage)
then he applied carnuba wax, then buffed, left for another 2 days inside,
I have to say, incredible look and easy to clean

Guess I will need to update in spring, when ready for detail again
It s nice when your car all detailed,just feels like you got a new car .

Back