Cars Knock Down Barriers

AC Bill

I'm sitting here today, way far away at the other end of the country.. Pretty near as far away as you can get from the Maritime provinces, and still be in Canada. I am on the East coast of Vancouver Island though, so I suppose if I was on the Western side of the Island, I could still be a little further away, Interestingly, the sun still rises, and sets the same direction out here, as it does on the East Coast..;)

Anyway's...I was checking out my cool new Martime Mustang.Com garb, http://maritimemustang.com/mmstore/ that had recently arrived..(Thanks again Trevor, for making me the West Coast Honorary forum member)
I rec'd the ball-cap, T-shirt, and stickers, and was thinking how wearing this to the car shows, and cruises out here. is going to raise some eyebrows.
Bound to create some questions, and strike up some conversations. Might be people asking me, where I'm from in the Maritime's, questions about the forum, or asking what year Mustang I own, etc..

This is one of the greatest things about having a passion for cars. Mustang's or otherwise, that passion knocks down many common social barriers. .

People you've never met before, will just walk up and start talking to you, as if they know you.. Might be about their car, their buddy's car, their Grandpa's car, or perhaps about one they used to have, or wished they had.

Neither of you care what religion the other guy is, when your talking superchargers..Skin color, and race has no bearing, when BS'ing about performance exhaust systems, compression, or tires, Age is another common social barrier. Many younger people these days seem to avoid as much as possible talking to older people. It's as if they have the plague or something? Alternatively, many older people nowadays are often afraid of younger people. Maybe it's their tattoos, piercings, the cussing..? But have some teenager with blue hair and a nose ring, walk up to you at a car show and asks you what kind of car you have, or something about it, the years are swept away.
Likewise a persons sex doesn't create a boundary. Many women love cars, and are very knowledgeable about them, and can seriously talk the talk, and walk the walk. Some women are very earnest, in really wanting to learn more about them, (these days more than ever), and some can ask some pretty smart, and yeah.. some dumb, questions. What guy isn't going to help out, if they can?
I'm sure there are many questions a lady could ask me, that I would need to do further research on, before answering, So this would require their phone number, for a follow up..
I joke of course..but now if i was single again..Whoop whoop..! :)

So regardless if your two thousand miles apart from each other, or live just down the highway a couple miles, what a wonderful thing that we found a common denominator, in our love of cars, that we can all be friends.

Thank's Trevor, for putting this site together for us all to enjoy. each others company !

Thanks Bill, I thought it was great you signed up and become part of this community.
Which may say MaritimeMustang at the top of the page, but truly is about the cars and the
people who love them. You are so correct, you will walk up and talk to a total stranger because of the car
they drive. I hope people with the same passion sign up and help us all grow a great hobby and passion.

Very true Bill. I travelled to a small show on the weekend with a friend in a VW Rabbit pickup- modified turbo diesel power. Yup it is different but It sure starts some discussion! It's the people that make this hobby interesting, the cars just help us find the place to start the conversations

Have driven through Parksville many times over the years.
Before the new Island hwy.
Even last summer, took old road up from Nanaimo.
A lot nicer drive than hwy.

Back